October has whizzed by, meaning we are tantalisingly close to the next gen consoles launch. In fact, some of the lucky staff at TSA Towers have got their hands on the new consoles already!
You can expect plenty more news and opinion in the near future, but for now let’s recap what happened this week, with plenty of Halloween spooky times to be found if you’re looking for them.
In the News This Week
- Cyberpunk 2077 delayed again, now out in December
- PS5 pre-order sales beat first three months of PS4 sales in 12 hours, says Sony
- Every game playable on Xbox One will play on Xbox Series X|S on day one (except for Kinect)
- Far Cry 6 and Rainbow Six: Quarantine both delayed until after March 2021
- No Man’s Sky Next Generation update will bring enhancements for PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC
- Patches cut load times for The Last of Us Remastered, Until Dawn and more… on PlayStation 4
- The new PlayStation App which includes PS Messages is here
- EA will be fined €500K every week in the Netherlands until FIFA’s Ultimate Team Packs are removed from the game
- PS5 accessibility settings let you turn off DualSense haptics and adaptive triggers
- The PS4 PSVR camera adaptor is not included in the PS5 box, you need to request one separately
- FIFA 21 for PS5 and Xbox Series X|S will launch in December
- Mark Wahlberg seems to have given us the first glimpse of his take on Sully from the Uncharted movie
And here are everyone’s free games for November:
- November’s PlayStation Plus Games have been revealed – And PS5 launch title Bugsnax will be free for PlayStation Plus owners until January!
- November’s Games with Gold includes Aragami & Full Spectrum Warrior
- Xbox Game Pass November line up includes Double Fine remastered titles
Games in Review
It was another strong week for the reviews, proving that this generation is ending on a high:
- Ghostrunner – PS4, XBO, PC, NSW – 9/10
- Pacer – PS4, XBO, PC – 9/10
- Family – PC – 9/10
- The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope – PS4, XBO, PC – 9/10
- Watch Dogs Legion – PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, PC – 8/10
- Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty Nintendo Switch – NSW – 8/10
- Pikmin 3 Deluxe – NSW – 7/10
- ScourgeBringer – XBO, NSW, PC, Mac – 7/10
- G.I. Joe Operation Blackout – PS4, XBO, PC, NSW – 6/10
- 9 Monkeys of Shaolin – PS4, XBO, PC, NSW – 6/10
- Blair Witch: Oculus Quest Edition VR – Oculus Quest – 6/10
- Little Witch Academia VR Broom Racing – Oculus Quest – 5/10
- Double Pug Switch – NSW – 4/10
Let’s start the previews with Stefan unboxing our Xbox Series X and sharing his thoughts on the “obelisk”. It looks better in the flesh don’t you think? [It’s not fleshy – Ed.]
Meanwhile, Jim shared his first PS5 experience with Astro’s Playroom, which he said does a marvellous job of “easing you into the PS5 ecosystem while celebrating the PlayStation’s long legacy”.
— TheSixthAxis (@TheSixthAxis) October 27, 2020
From the current generation, Stefan looked at Season 7 of Apex Legions. Aside from a new map, this season also adds a new vehicle, the hovercar, and a new legend to play, making it one of the biggest updates yet.
And as we’re bracing ourselves for a second lockdown, Tom shared how Dark Souls, Twitch, and Discord helped him survive the first one.
Last up, What We Played included Watch Dogs Legion, Little Hope & Yakuza Like a Dragon.
Here’s what you in our community has been up to this week:
- MrYd says “more of the same”, which includes grinding away in Genshin Impact, plenty of Star Wars Squadrons, No Man’s Sky and introduced his niece to Minecraft VR!
- Another week another platinum for Crazy Del, who added Astro Bot and LittleBIGPlanet (PSP) to his collection. In addition, he also spent time on Squadrons and Diablo III
- And last up, hornet1990 finished off the Horizon Zero Dawn story!
Well that’s it for this week, I’ll see you again soon!