Microsoft has had a busy week, quickly adding a bunch of Bethesda’s games into the Xbox Game Pass library after regulators approved the buy-out of ZeniMax Media. Are there any you’ll be giving a go this weekend?
Elsewhere, the F1 season kicked off with testing in Bahrain. Yesterday we saw Mercedes struggling with some reliability issues, while the Red Bull looked pretty quick – do we dare hope for a more competitive season for the championship? Time will tell. Anyway, let’s jump into this week’s round-up!
In the News This Week
- Phil Spencer: Bethesda acquisition “is about delivering great exclusives games” for Xbox Game Pass
- 20 Bethesda games are now part of Xbox Game Pass – 12 are new, 16 are now on all platforms
- Outriders possibly being teased for Xbox Game Pass
- Four person brawler Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge announced for consoles and PC
- Disintegration developer V1 Interactive is officially closing
- Currys PC World open a Priority Pass system so you can buy a PlayStation 5 when stores open
- Xbox March update brings Series X controller disconnect fixes, FPS boost options, and achievements back to the mobile app
- Gameplay footage of next Crysis game leaks online
- Six Days in Fallujah publisher now admits the game is “inseparable from politics”
- Watch Dogs Legion multiplayer delayed indefinitely on PC, first Tactical Op also postponed on console
Games in Review
It was another busy week for the reviews, so let’s dive in:
- Green Hell – PC – 9/10
- Cyber Shadow – PS5, PS4, XBO, NSW, PC – 8/10
- Total War: Three Kingdoms – Fates Divided DLC – PC – 8/10
- Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia – PS4, NSW – 7/10
- Warhammer 40,000: Dakka Squadron – PC, Android, iOS – 7/10
- Tiny Lands – PC – 7/10
- Stronghold: Warlords – PC – 7/10
- Littlewood – PC, Mac, NSW – 7/10
- Flow Weaver – Occulus Quest, Rift – 6/10
- Shattered – Tale of the Forgotten King – PC – 5/10
Tef revisited Apex Legends for its Nintendo Switch port finding an impressive technical accomplishment, but one with quite a few weaknesses compared to other platforms, and Jim looked back on Monster Hunter as it turns 17, remembering where it started and what the franchise has managed to become.
Last up, What We Played featured Pokémon Go, Loop Hero & Apex Legends.
Here’s what you in our community has been up to this week:
- After a short break, Crazy_Del earned his 550th platinum in Maquette, while he’s also been playing Warzone and Remnant.
- TSBonyman picked up Fury Unleashed and Rise of the Tomb Raider as they were on sale and has been enjoying both.
- With his shiny new 4K TV, MrYd has been enjoying AC Valhalla, DiRT 5, Remnant and 13 Sentinels.
- willbuchanan earned 100% completion on Far Cry , and has also been working on Far Cry 3, Everybody’s Golf, and The Walking Dead Michonne.
- tactical20 is slogging through Super Mario 3D World.
- Andrewww finished the storyline of The Division 2: Warlords of New York. “It was ok,” he said in a ringing endoresement.
- And last up, Lieutenant Fatman grabbed the platinum for Concrete Genie.
I hope you all have a good weekend, and I’ll see you around!