By the time you’re reading this, we should be getting very close to qualifying getting under-way in Bahrain for the opening round of the Formula 1 season. So far from the practice sessions, the top of the field looks closer than it has been in the past few years, but we all expect Mercedes will have a few tricks up their sleeve come Q3.
Meanwhile, as one championship starts, another ends. Last night we saw Wales clinch victory in the Six Nations thanks to an historic Scotland win in Paris. It’s what has to be one of the best Six Nations tournaments I’ve seen (but let’s not talk about where England ended up!).
Anyway, let’s see what happened in the world of gaming this week.
In the News This Week
- Report: The PS3, PS Vita and PSP PlayStation Stores are being shut down this summer
- Xbox Live is rebranding to ‘Xbox network’, but Xbox Live Gold isn’t going anywhere
- Microsoft reportedly in discussions to buy Discord for $10 billion
- Resident Evil: Welcome To Raccoon City is aiming to come to cinemas this September
- Hades beats The Last Of Us Part II to win Best Game at the 2021 BAFTAs
- New Rocket League game Sideswipe coming later this year
- A Ghost of Tsushima movie in development with the director of John Wick
- Rome Total War returns as remaster launches next month
- WW1 shooter Isonzo announced for PlayStation, Xbox and PC
- Haunted Space announced for PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC
- April’s Amazon Prime Gaming includes free games and loot for Fall Guys, Apex Legends, Roblox, and more
- Download 9 free PS4 & PSVR games with Play at Home 2021 today, links here
Games in Review
There were plenty of great games we reviewed this week:
- Monster Hunter Rise – NSW – 9/10
- Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town – NSW – 9/10
- It Takes Two – PS4, PS5, XBO, XBX|S, PC – 8/10
- Doom Eternal: The Ancient Gods – Part Two – PS4, XBO, NSW, PC – 8/10
- Jumpala – PC – 8/10
- Black Legend – PS4, XBO, NSW, PC – 5/10
And we had a couple of hardware reviews too:
With Monster Hunter Rise taking centre stage, Jim examined which game is better between Monster Hunter Rise and World. If you’ve decided that Rise is the game for you, then Jim’s also got you covered with a full guide to the game, including 10 tips & tricks to get you started, as well as answering those important questions like what weapons are best for beginners?
Elsewhere, our resident history buff Adrian examined Hood: Outlaws and Legends and spoke to the developers about what players can expect, while our second interview for the week came from Aran. He spoke to the creators behind the Dino Crisis-inspired game, Instinctions.
Last up, the week came to an end with What We Played featuring It Takes Two, Black Legend & Monster Hunter Rise.
Here’s what you in our community has been up to this week:
- Crazy_Del has been snapping up some ‘easy’ platinum trophies, and aims to make Cyberpunk 2077 his 601st this weekend!
- After some PS5 technical issues, MrYd dabbled in some AC Valhalla, Hitman 3, grabbed the platinums for Control and 13 Sentinels, and finished off the week with some WRC 9.
- willbuchanan is working towards their 100th platinum, with Far Cry 3 being added to the cabinet this week.
- And lastly, ron_mcphatty by the story in Death Stranding.
Don’t forget the clocks change tomorrow and I’ll see you again soon!