Hello again! I hope you’ve all had a good week gaming, but its finally the weekend that I’ve been looking forward to for ages. As a chocoholic, I can’t wait for tomorrow, where I can eat as much chocolate as I want and not be judged for it! Anyway, let’s get on with this week’s Community Round-up!
Earlier on this week, we gave three lucky people the chance to win early access codes for the MotorStorm RC Carnival DLC that was released this week. The three lucky winners were R1MJAW, citizeninsane45 and mrfodder, who all received their codes for this whacky addition to the fantastic game.
We also had the Dungeon Hunter: Alliance competition close last night. Some of you might be wondering what the answers to the fiendishly simplistic questions were, so I’m happy to reveal that the game’s genre is best described as an Action-Role Playing Game, the king’s land is called Gothicus and the class not featured in the game was the Sneaker.
So, without much further ado, it’s time to reveal that the first name out of the digital hat was superjag86. Congratulations are in order for him, and hopefully the email sitting in his inbox has made his weekend a shade sunnier than it already is!
I’m sure TSA will have some new competitions soon, so keep your eyes peeled. ***NUDGE NUDGE, WINK WINK***
Right, now’s the time to take a look at the Meets, and for you to sign up to any that interest you.
Bodachi hosts the usual Uncharted 3 meet taking place at 7pm tonight, whilst R1MJAW hosts the usual DiRT3 meet tomorrow on Sunday at 6pm. Shift out of the weekend, Theberzerka hosts Monday night’s SSX Meet starting at 8pm, and Tueday night sees the second DiRT3 Meet hosted by MadJunkBoy beginning at 8pm.
Finally on Friday, Death_in_Flamez hosts the TSA PC Meet featuring Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth.
Remember, you can create a meet of your own, provided you have at least 250 TSA Points.
You’ll be glad to know that this week TSA was back up to full strength review wise, so let’s take a look at what’s come along. We’ll start with Aran’s review of Devil May Cry HD Collection, which received a worthy 8/10. Next up Peter took to the skies with his 7/10 review of Birds of Steel, whilst Dan fought his way through his review of Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations, finally giving it a solid 8/10. Next up was xeroxeroxero, who gave BIT.TRIP Saga an 8/10, and finally the PSN game, Wheels of Destruction, received a poor 3/10 from Jim.
Looking at the previews next, Dan had a look at The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, as Al got stuck into Motorstorm RC’s Carnival DLC. Friend of the site, Duncan Aird again returned to give us his impressions of Far Cry 3’s Multiplayer, which is looking brilliant in my opinion.
Moving on now to the Community articles, and as usual we’ll begin with Meet the Reader, featuring JamboGT this week in a special April Fools edition. Meanwhile, Tuffcub revisits Mirrors Edge, a personal favourite of mine in the Playback feature, whilst the Cheap PC Game featured this week is actually a round up of the best from the last year!
For WeView this week, the verdict for Assassins Creed Revelations is ready, and you can leave your comments for Stacking. Death_in_Flamez has also posted the first of four highlight videos to last year’s TSA F1 2011 Championship, which is well worth a watch. Jas-n returned with his penultimate update for Folding@Home, as Greg provided us with What We Played #47.
Forum time! Let’s take a look at what’s been posted over the past week, remember you need to be logged in to see General Chat.
- Forrest provides some good discussion regarding Trophies and why they are not always a good thing.
- Game of Thrones fans can discuss the show in Yogdog’s new thread.
- GTOWN has started a game of ‘Paint Something’, the equivalent to Draw Something.
- Burgess wants to know when your plans haven’t quite gone according to said plan in co-op games.
It was a role-reversal from last week, as Ratchet took the turn of crushing Sackboy with a 13 -1 victory. I was stuck again this week, and with teflon’s tongue firmly in his own cheek whilst choosing this, Ratchet goes up against… Jesus Christ Superstar!
- Ratchet is a Lombax, a sort-of feline creature and looks kinda cute!
- Has a vast armoury of futuristic weaponry.
- Also has other equipment such as Hoverboots at his disposal.
- His sidekick, Clank, seems pretty useless 95% of the time.
- Those long ears can probably get caught in machinery quite often, and attract strange fetishists.
- Being the last of his race must make his love life a bit complicated. Oh, and the whole looming extinction thingy too, I guess.
- He’s got some pretty cool powers, and his dad’s pretty damned powerful and very smite-y, when he feels like it.
- The head honcho of a pretty cool and happening gang, for the time.
- Hugely successful figurehead for one of the biggest franchises the world has ever seen!
- Three day respawn time is a total drag.
- He wears a big robe and sandals? What a hippy…
- Having a musical written about you by Andrew Lloyd Webber is totally uncool.
I’m now going on holiday for a week, so kindly Steven will be taking over for me next week. This is the first he’s heard of it, but I just thought I should give you all a heads up! See you all soon!
As always this post was was written by the generally wonderful gazzagb.