Article written by teflon.
Published on 13/10/2012 at 10:30 AM.
Another week has zoomed by, and it certainly was a busy one with some fantastic new releases, so letâ€™s take a look at what weâ€™ve got in this weeksâ€™ Community Roundup!
Yesterday, we announced the winner of the Elgato Game Capture HD. WinreviewMIKED will shortly be receiving the awesome gadget so congratulations to him are in order.
Elgato are sponsors of this yearsâ€™ TSA F1 2012 Championship which had the groups and tracks revealed last night alongside the first in a series of community led videos. There are still one or two spaces left, so if you’re raring to go but haven’t already got involved, you’d best let Teflon know as soon as possible!
Letâ€™s take a peek at what TSA Meets are lined up for the coming week:
Tonight we begin things Bodachi hosting a Borderlands 1 meet at 7pm. It’s already booked up, though.
Tomorrow sees the usual DiRT Showdown meet starting at 6pm, hosted by R1MJAW, which will be just after the first races in the F1 2012 Championship.
Friday night sees Death_in_Flamez hosting an F1 meet at 5pm, while you can get your name in early for Spoonerâ€™s Fifa13 meet where he plans to get a few trophies – pop your name down if you’re interested!
Keep your eyes peeled for any other meets that pop up, especially the ones like Battlefield 3 which tend to go up during the course of the week. Or, of course, you could just create your own meet provided you have at least 250 TSA Points.
Weâ€™ve got four new Reviews for you this week, firstly beginning with one of this weeksâ€™ big releases, Dishonored, which impressed Peter with his 9/10 review of the game, while Tuffcub quite appropriately played and rated PSN/XBLA title Naughty Bear: Panic in Paradise at 7/10. Another game which received 7/10 this week was Mugen Souls in Danâ€™s review of the JRPG. Lastly, the other big release of the week was XCOM: Enemy Unknown, which scored a notable 9/10 in Peterâ€™s review.
If you thought that it was a busy week Review wise on TSA, you should check out the number of Previews weâ€™ve got! Kicking things off, xeroxeroxero firstly takes a look at Lost Planet 3 before moving onto Genix, an upcoming PC game. Blair was also quite busy this week, getting his hands on Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, followed by When Vikings Attack, a game which utilises cross-play between the PS3 and Vita.
Alex looked at The Unfinished Swan, the upcoming PSN game which looks to be following in similar footsteps to Journey, with itâ€™s interesting use of storytelling. He also took a look atÂ Derrick the Deathfin which was released on PSN this week.
One of the â€˜bigâ€™ upcoming AAA titles for this quarter is Far Cry 3, which was previewed by Teflon alongside an interview with the game’s producer. Â Lastly George (or sciontc1 as heâ€™s probably better known) had a look at DUST 514. Phew! Thatâ€™s all the games Reviews and Previews wrapped up for you, plenty of quality reading material for the weekend!
One of the biggest stories this week is of an imminent PlayStation Store design overhaul. We have screenshots of the new look, a big information blowout and finally an interview with two of the project leaders at Sony. Hopefully it lives up to demands!
The Chronicle featured whatâ€™s likely to be the last comment of the week (although Alex said he might code back in the â€˜likeâ€™ function!), while Shaggy2Dope showed off his gaming rig which is more of a mountain of games rather than a rig! Last week, WeView looked at Gravity Rush, and it received an impressive unanimous rating of â€˜Buy Itâ€™, so letâ€™s see if Sound Shapes can do just as well.
The Forums have sprung into life once again, so letâ€™s take a look at some of the highlights:
- Youles asks for some LBP Vita Level Creation help.
- Roy finds a side-splittingly hilarious review from Amazon.
- If youâ€™ve been enjoying any TV or Films recently, share your recommendations in Bunimomikeâ€™s thread.
- While Big Bang Theory fans can discuss the new series in Origami Killerâ€™s thread.
- And finally, Bunimomike talks chest hair. I’m sure he’s glad to get that off his chest…
Last week, Big Boss defeated Jan Templar and thus enters the Hall of Fame!
This week, I thought Iâ€™d pitch the protagonist of one of this week’s big releases – namely Corvo from Dishonoured, against a similarly equipped opponent – Connor from the upcoming Assassin’s Creed 3. As I havenâ€™t played either of these games, itâ€™s a bit of guesswork this week!
- Has many a supernatural power, which can be combined to pause time, move a guard, and have it so your opponent inadvertently shot themselves in the face… Lovely.
- Able to chose how he strikes – stealthily or all out attack.
- Highly skilled, he was the former bodyguard to the Empress.
- He’s the former bodyguard of the deceased Empress, who he wasn’t good enough to save. For shame!
- Revenge trips are so clichÃ©d!
- That Bethesda publishing name doesn’t half hold bad connections to bug-filled games…
- A fully trained killer for the Assassin Order, meaning heâ€™s deadly while also athletic.
- Equipped with the usual kit; hidden knifes, swords, crossbows and also a Tomahawk to be authentic.
- Can do his own hunting out in the wild, and isn’t forced to scrounge and scoff horrible tinned city food like Corvo.
- The white hood outfit stands out quite a bit, I’m sure.
- Still has that muppet Desmond controlling him.
- Probably still relies on conveniently placed carts of hay to break his falls.
Blimey, that seemed to take a while, I didnâ€™t realise TSA had been so busy this week! And with more releases to come, I can only see it TSA getting even busier! Oh well, Iâ€™ll see you all next week, bye!
- This round up was collated, cross referenced and dictated into HAL by Gazzagb.