It’s just me at TSA Towers this weekend, with Teflon on a stag do and the rest of the gang at Rezzed. Expect plenty of previews and features in the coming week, but for now let’s begin our recap!
In the News This Week
- Star Wars Battlefront II’s Night On Endor April 18th Update Will See The Return Of Microtransactions
- SEGA Confirms Shenmue & Shenmue II To Be Re-Released For PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Year
- Here’s The Winners From The 2018 Video Game BAFTAs
- Gran Turismo Sport Gets A Free Update With Two Very Flash Audis
- The Witcher 3 PS4 HDR Patch Is Out
- War Child Charity Launch RE-PLAY Fundraising Campaign
- Steam Update Their Privacy Settings, Kill Off Steam Spy
- PlayStation Plus Subscribers Can Get 10% Off Their Spotify Subscriptions
- PlayStation Plus Double Discounts Sale Now On, Crash Bandicoot On Sale
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Free Weekend On Xbox Begins On April 19th
- Red Dead Redemption Enhanced For Xbox One X In Huge Backward Compatibility Update
- Sega are bringing Shenmue I and II to PS4, Xbox One and PC
- Microtranscations are returning to Star Wars Battlefront II
Games in Review
The review drought of the past couple of weeks has come to an end, with plenty of titles worth checking out:
- God Of War – PS4 – 8/10
- Masters of Anima – PC, PS4, XBO, Switch – 8/10
- Super Daryl Deluxe – Switch – 8/10
- Rogue Aces – PS4, Switch, Vita – 8/10 (plus an interview with the Developers)
- Blasters of the Universe – PSVR – 8/10
- Regalia: Of Men And Monarchs – Royal Edition – PS4, XBO, PC, Switch – 7/10
- The Adventure Pals – PS4, XBO, PC, Switch – 7/10
- Extinction – PS4 – 5/10
Reviewed platform in bold.
This Week’s Features
Beginning with the previews, Stefan checked in with Conan Exiles to see how the game has progressed in Early Access ahead of it’s full release in just over a months’ time, and also went hands on with Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr, of which you can watch his footage below.
For his last preview, and described as being like “a surreal take on Robot Wars”, Robocraft Infinity has found a new home on Xbox One via [email protected] The user-made content should lead to a wide variety of creations, from the bizarre to the brilliant, all seeking victory.
Looking at Dom’s contribution to the previews, he reckons that For The King could be the perfect digital tabletop game, thanks to its rogue-like adventure based gameplay and low-poly aesthetics.
From the blogs, Tuffcub had a rant about why he hates babysitting kids in games, while Jim shared his thoughts on why the year 3 content for Rainbow Six Siege shows how Ubisoft have got it right when it comes down to post-launch support.
My Hero One’s Justice Gets A Western Release
Let’s check in with the community this week:
- MrYd was first to post, sharing how this week he continued with Tera, and resisted adding to his backlog in the PSN sale.
- ron_mcphatty has switched back to GTA V online as Tokyo 42 has started to grate on him with the annoying isometric view.
- It sounds like TSBonyman was the busiest this week, finding time for Bloodborne, Trackmania Turbo VR, GT Sport VR, Bioshock 1 & 2, and finally No Man’s Sky!
- JR. achieved 100% sync in AC Rogue, but leaves with a touch of sadness this it’s “probably the last ‘classic-style’ AC game we’ll ever get to play.” He also got the platinum trophy for SLYDE in just 30s!
- And lastly, aerobes is struggling through AC Origins after playing the ‘fantastic’ AC Rogue, and found that 30 minutes of Far Cry 5 was “more than enough”.
If you want to be included in this section, make sure to comment on What We Played on a Friday evening.
The Week Ahead
An eerily quiet week ahead of us, with God of War being the big release:
- Yakuza 6: The Song of Life – PS4 – 17/04
- For The King – PC – 19/04
- God of War – PS4 – 20/04
Have a great weekend, and I’ll see you again soon!