Four Free EA Games For Xperia Play Owners

Does anyone actually own one?

Exciting news for the one person who bought an Xperia Play – yet more free games! Sony Ericsson has teamed up with EA to give away four top titles.

Need For Speed: Shift, Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit, Battlefield Bad Company 2 and limb chopping scare-a-thon Dead Space are yours to download for zero pence. Getting your hands on the games could not be easier:

1. Slide the phone open to reveal the on-screen Game Launcher which will show the four free games available.
  2. You’ll then be prompted to connect to a WiFi network.
  3. Once connected, simply touch the icon of the game you want and your download will begin.
  4. Cry bitter tears that you bought an Xperia Play rather than wait for a Vita.

Step four is optional.

Source: Sony Ericssson

1. Sympozium

I’d rather play Monster Hunter!

*cries*

Comment posted on 10/10/2011 at 14:48.
  2. tonyyeb
    Since: Aug 2010

“Does anyone actually own one?” At £169 (Argos had them at until stocks ran out) I think it’s a steal. Still awaiting mine to be delivered from Expansys. It will keep me going until Vita / phone contract expires in May.

Comment posted on 10/10/2011 at 14:53.
    • Jas-n

:O, how did I miss that?

Comment posted on 10/10/2011 at 15:19.
    • KeRaSh

I wouldn’t call £169 a steal. It’s an average phone at best these days and the PS Suite is hardly something that is worth buying a phone over except if you are really desperate for a PSP/Android smartphone hybrid.

Comment posted on 10/10/2011 at 15:47.
      • DirtyHabit

I wouldn’t say they were that bad. My mates got one. Its a bit chunky, but perfectly capable phone. Played a few games on it, seems to handle them well enough.

I’m not a big mobile gamer so its not really the phone for me, but he likes it :)

Comment posted on 10/10/2011 at 15:57.
      • david24
        Since: Feb 2011

expansys had them down to £149 last week. sold out pretty quick but these types of deals are popping up everywhere.
        id call £169 a great price for a phone with 1ghz processor, 4+ inch screen and the latest edition of android. especially as it has the PlayStation controls for gaming and supports 4G. and only half a year ago these had a rrp of £600!

Comment posted on 10/10/2011 at 15:58.
      • tonyyeb
        Since: Aug 2010

You must have been looking elsewhere David as Expansys have not dropped their price lower than £199. And they have been out of stock for 10 days (check my tweets on this, my favourite subject atm).

Comment posted on 10/10/2011 at 20:24.
      • david24
        Since: Feb 2011

I think it was that price with a promotional code, I may be wrong though as I havn’t really been following it since I’m very happy with the phone I’ve got.

Comment posted on 11/10/2011 at 00:08.
  3. Crazy_Del

Doing it now!!!
    Thanks TC

Comment posted on 10/10/2011 at 15:00.
  4. bigmac175
    Since: Jan 2009

Sweet, i’ve been waiting for a offer like this since i got the phone! I’ve been looking at the 4 titles for the last few days, looks like it lucky i kept thinking a few extra days! :)

Comment posted on 10/10/2011 at 16:04.
  5. bacon_nuts
    Since: Mar 2011

Looks cool, was never really interested due to the price and the twiddly thumb sticks. Showing support is always nice though..

Comment posted on 10/10/2011 at 16:45.
    • bacon_nuts
      Since: Mar 2011

* i say sticks, i meant pads..

Comment posted on 10/10/2011 at 16:46.
  6. Mason_Mk
    Since: Feb 2010

Traded in my 360 for an xperia play last friday, brilliant phone and loving it. Minecraft is brilliant if a little bare bones atm, these free ea games are fun (dead space proves this phone is more than capable at hq games!) and the big screen with android 2.3 makes everything else brilliant. Plus ive got rather hooked to Tap Tap 4, better song library than most music games at a really small price

Comment posted on 10/10/2011 at 16:51.
    • Mason_Mk
      Since: Feb 2010

Just hope the keep supporting it, some PSP games would be nice (cant see how they couldnt run)

Comment posted on 10/10/2011 at 16:51.
  7. Kamokazi-UK
    Since: Sep 2009

Hmm free games for my xperia? Ta vaery much.

Comment posted on 10/10/2011 at 18:52.
  8. Awayze
    Since: Jul 2010

I’d rather get a Xperia Arc or Ray.

Comment posted on 10/10/2011 at 20:26.
  9. Foxhound_Solid
    Is a smart cookie.

I have one B-) had these free games for ages, but since getting 100% on asphalt 7 I am.always online with that. It’s awesome, like NFS before it went silly…love my xperia play…if only I could play street fighter 2 turbo on.it….

Comment posted on 10/10/2011 at 20:29.
  10. DrNate86
    Since: Apr 2010

Loving your articles TC, they always bring a smile after a long day!

Comment posted on 10/10/2011 at 23:20.