Well that week has flown by, I can’t believe it’s already the weekend! I’ve had a really good week. For a start, I built my own gaming PC and got it all up and running so I’m very pleased with myself! Hopefully you’ve all had enjoyable weeks too, so let’s kick off this Community Round-Up!
[Also, there was that Gamescom thing, right? – Tef]
MotorStorm: Apocalypse’s Festival competition will be getting most of its results updates on Saturdays, so keep your eyes peeled for later today to see how the first week went! We’ll be posting the first update at midday.
On Monday, Youles needs some help with the 4-player LBP collectables and trophies, so he’s created a Meet for 7pm, with an accompanying forum thread. Later on that evening, Forrest hosts his Max Payne meet appearing at 9pm.
Keep checking for the usual meets that pop up during the week, like Battlefield 3 or maybe Gran Turismo 5, or you could host your own Meet provided you have a minimum of 250 TSA Points.
First up, we have our dedicated portal to catch up on all the Gamescom news, trailers and previews that we have. There’s still more stuff coming on this, with previews of several games coming in over the next week or so.
Looking at the Reviews and Previews, we’ve got some big hitters this week. We begin with Peter’s 8/10 review for Sleeping Dogs, while Blair gives Darksiders 2 a solid 7/10. From PSN and XBLA, we’ve got Rock of Ages and Hybrid both from Jim, given 6/10 and 7/10 respectively. Finishing up is Aran with his mightily impressive 9/10 score for Dust – An Elysian Tail.
From the other posts, it’s a bumper crop of Cheap PC Gaming from Gamoc, featuring the latest Indie Royale bundle, whilst Aran has a nice chat with Maximilian Csuk, the developer behind Rico – A Tale of Two Brothers on Android.
We’re an opinionated bunch here, and Kris explains why we should praise gaming’s diversity, while Al writes how Sony’s Gamescom showing highlights how we don’t need the next-gen just yet. Tuffcub get’s annoyed with his Vita, to the extent that he leaves it out of his holiday to Hawaii!
For the Community Chronicle this week, MJB shows off his rig, while the Accomplishments section sees a fair few Platinums added to peoples’ collections. Modern Warfare 3 got the WeView treatment last week and you can catch the Verdict, or leave behind your thoughts for Fallout New Vegas. Finally, Greg brings us What We Played #66, with the Podcast MIA this week, due to recording timing issues.
Let’s take a look at the Forums and see what’s happening:
- Following the Olympics, all the talk seems to of moved on to the Football with the new season starting soon. TSA once again has its Fantasy League, see here for info!
- Mcphatty asks about our nostalgic moments, inspired by games.
- With A-level results out earlier this week, share your triumphs (or defeats) in the Student Room.
- And lastly, the TSA BF3 Server is still going strong, see the thread if you want to get involved.
- Bunimo’s all about the smut, and wants to know how fast your broadband is.
- Youles is trying to get those pesky LBP hearts. So tricky to do, but if you feel like helping, here’s what you need to know.
Last week saw Master Chief from the Halo series crush Crash Bandicoot 6-3. This week, he takes on War’s brother in horse riding at the end of the world, Death, as seen in Darksiders 2.
- He is a cybernetically-enhanced supersoldier.
- Has a vast armoury of futuristic weaponry.
- He’s so strong he can flip vehicles like they are feathers.
- His health rapidly depletes without his shield.
- Spartan lasers (and other weapons) can be painfully slow to charge.
- (Spoiler) Following the end to Halo 3, he’s currently in a cryonic sleep which could be problematic for a situation like the showdown.
- Uh, he’s death. It’s been his job for, like, forever to move people on from that whole being alive thing. Generally with his scythes, which are pretty cool.
- Horseman of the Apocalypse must look awfully cool on his business cards
- Utterly loyal to his brothers in arms.
- Really sucks at chess. This is how people come back to life all the time, by challenging him to a game of chess.
- Nice horse, and all, but I don’t see an Olympic gold medal hanging around your neck.
- Probably doesn’t have many friends. After all, as soon as you see Death, you’re probably about to die…
That’s it once again for another week folks, thanks to Tef for suggestions in the Showdown and don’t forget to vote below! Adios amigos!
–This post was written by Gazzagb