Well and truly into the busiest part of the gaming year, Black Ops 4 is out now, but I’m sure many of you have built up a backlog already, or are patiently biding your time for Red Dead.
Here’s what’s happened in the past seven days:
In the News This Week
- Blizzard Clarify What Diablo Reign of Terror Is, And Stance on Cross Platform Play Coming To Diablo III
- Sony Will Let You Change Your PSN ID In Early 2019
- Sony Shockingly Confirm They’re Working On A Next-Gen PlayStation
- Microsoft Announce Project xCloud, Streaming Games To Console, PC, And Mobile
- Robert Kirkman’s Skybound To Finish Telltale’s The Walking Dead Final Season
- Borderlands 2 Is Coming To PlayStation VR This December
- Hitman 2 Pits Assassins Against Each Other In PvP Ghost Mode
- EA Announce Remasters Of The Old Command & Conquer Games
- Ninja Theory Launch The Senua Scholarship To Fund Mental Health Training
- Xbox One’s October Update Rolls Out With Long Awaited Avatars Overhaul
Sunday Streaming Hour
This weekend’s Sunday Streaming Hour will feature me and maybe a few friends playing Black Ops 4, whether that’s zombies, regular multiplayer or a bit of Blackout. Make sure to catch us at 5pm tomorrow evening. That’s 5PM, as we’ve brought the slot forward by a couple of hours.
Games in Review
Funnily enough, despite the major games out this time of year, it was actually a bit quiet on the reviews front.
- Hyper Light Drifter – Special Edition – Switch, PS4, XBO, PC – 9/10
- Space Hulk: Tactics – PS4, XBO, PC – 7/10
- The World Ends With You: Final Remix – Switch – 7/10
- Metal Max Xeno – PS4, PS Vita – 5/10
- Nintendo Labo Vehicle Kit – Switch – No Score
Reviewed platform in bold.
This Week’s Features
We picked up some of the slack in reviews with a good haul of previews this week. Jason went hands on with Dreams, but came away still feeling a none the wiser about how the creation will actually play.
I spoke to the creators of The Quiet Man about how they’re blending FMV with action gameplay, and previewed Supermassive’s Man of Medan, which looks set to return to the scary excellence of Until Dawn.
Finally, What We Played featured Forza Horizon 4, Assassin’s Creed Odyssey & Strange Brigade.
Just a handful of people turned up in What We Played to share their gaming week, but here’s what went down in the community.
- Crazy_Del dropped a solid 55 hours into Assassin’s Creed Odyssey!
- Having finished Spider-Man, tactical20 has now embarked on Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, despite saying he was going to wait until after Red Dead Redemption 2.
- GeneralJeed dedicated last Saturday to finishing Persona 5, and seemingly blacked out as he went from playing “just 5 minutes” of AC Odyssey to being 30 hours in.
- Jag is also on the AC Odyssey train, but scratched his racing game itch with Forza Horizon 4 and F1 2018.
- Finally MrYd failed to pick up Astro Bot, so played “all sorts of random RPGs” and some more of NFS Payback instead. Also VR games, obviously.
If you want to be included in this section, make sure to comment on What We Played of a Friday evening.
The Week Ahead
It’s another busy week of game releases. Anything tickle your fancy?
- Caryola Scoot – PS4, XBO, Switch, PC – 16/10
- Lego DC Super-Villains – PS4, XBO, Switch, PC – 16/10
- NBA 2K Playgrounds 2– PS4, XBO, Switch, PC – 16/10
- Starlink: Battle for Atlas – PS4, XBO, Switch – 16/10
- Warriors Orochi 4 – PS4, XBO, Switch, PC – 16/10
- Moto Racer 4 – Switch – 18/10
- Dark Souls Remastered – Switch – 19/10
- SoulCalibur VI – PS4, XBO, PC – 19/10
Enjoy the weekend and we’ll catch you next time!