It’s ridiculous just how quickly the games industry has got back up to full speed after the Christmas and new years lull. This weekend I’m sure that most of you are playing Resident Evil 2 and trying to get into the Anthem VIP beta, which managed to take down EA’s server network last night.
Hopefully they can solve such a glaring issue in time for the game’s full launch.
In the News This Week
- Nintendo Reboot Metroid Prime 4 Development With Retro Studios
- Ubisoft To Amend Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Cut Scene And Trophy
- Bethesda Cheekily Copy Far Cry: New Dawn Imagery As ‘Pink Is All The Rage’
- Activision Face Class Action Lawsuits Following The Split With Bungie
- PSVR Now The Market Leader, VR Revenues Outperform Expectations
- Generation Zero Hits Consoles And PC This March
- The Star Wars Battlefront II Darth Tyranus Update Launches Today With Count Dooku
- Hitman 2 Elusive Target #3 Wants Agent 47 To Appraise Her Like He Should
- Rogue One Writer Says EA Have “Catastrophically Mismanaged” The Star Wars License
- Sony To Merge It’s UK HQ With The Netherlands To Avoid The Consequences Of Brexit
Games in Review
Let’s find out how Resident Evil 2, one of the first real blockbuster games of the year, has fared?
- Resident Evil 2 – PS4, XBO, PC – 9/10
- Pikuniku Review – Switch, PC – 9/10
- A Fisherman’s Tale – PSVR, Oculus Rift, HTC Vive – 8/10
- Override: Mech City Brawl – PS4, XBO, PC – 8/10
- Life Is Strange 2 – Episode 2 – PS4, XBO, PC – Episodic Review
- Dragon Ball Super: Broly – Film Review
Reviewed platform in bold.
This Week’s Features
Ubisoft had a big week of previews, and I started it off by going hands on with Trials Rising. Is it just more Trials? Basically, but that’s fine by me!
I then followed that with a trip to Far Cry New Dawn to check out Ubi’s spin on the post-apocalyptic shooter. Surprisingly, there’s some pretty deep changes to the core shooter combat to be found here.
Then it was over to Sega, where I played the campaign from Total War: Three Kingdoms and spoke to Creative Assembly about how they’re adding much more emphasis to the characters and relationships in the game.
As usual, we rounded things out with What We Played, which featured Resident Evil 2, Ace Combat 7 and Anthem.
Check out the Japanese trailer for Yo-Kai Watch 4 on Nintendo Switch
Time to see what the community have been playing this past week:
- Crazy_Del stalled in his quests for the Red Dead Redemption 2 and Firewall: Zero Hour platinums, as he’s now playing Resident Evil 2!
- tactical20’s five year old has been making rapid improvements on Mario Kart 8, managing to come second in a 50cc race.
- It was more of AC Odyssey and Firewall for MrYd, as per usual, but he did add in some Realm Royale and Switchblade.
- jeanhenry started the week with GT Sport, continued with Spider-Man’s DLC, and finally kept playing Resident Evil 2 until 2AM!
- Digging into his backlog, Andrewww wasn’t grabbed by Prey, so he picked up AC Origins in a sale and has been exploring waaaaaay off the beaten path. All he’s hoping for is a decent story to emerge.
- It was just a bit of Lego Worlds for JR. this week.
- All in on the Resi 2 train, Eldave0 has been hyping himself up with the board game of the video game and working through the Resident Evil 7 DLC.
If you want to be included in this section, make sure to comment on What We Played of a Friday evening.
The Week Ahead
From the horrors of Resident Evil 2, next week is looking all rosy and cheery, what with the long awaited release of Kingdom Hearts III.
- Kingdom Hearts III – PS4, XBO – 29/01
- Genesis Alpha One – PS4, XBO, PC – 29/01
- Wargroove – Switch, XBO, PC – 01/02
- Ace Combat 7 – PC – 01/02
- 8-bit Hordes – PS4, XBO – 01/02
That’s it for this edition, have a good weekend and we’ll see you again soon!