I usually have no interest in watching golf other than during the Ryder Cup, but I’ve somehow become engrossed in this year’s Masters. It’s not a sign that I’m getting older is it?
Anyway, tonight sees the reveal of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. I’m interested to see what direction Respawn have taken this in, but I’m also slightly concerned that EA don’t have the best track record with the franchise. What’s your take on it?
In the News This Week
- PSN name changes are live! Read this to find out how to change your ID
- The UK’s Competition and Markets Authority to investigate Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo
- Monster Hunter: World and Prey join Xbox Game Pass this month
- Frostpunk: Console Edition is the cunningly named version of Frostpunk for consoles
- Ubisoft “taking care” of Splinter Cell, new game teased
- Report: The next Assassin’s Creed will be set in the Viking age
- Destiny 2’s The Revelry event begins next week, details here
- Surprise! Yakuza Kiwami 2 is coming to PC next month
- Cop an eyeful of this leaked Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order artwork
Games in Review
A lot of people have got some very fond memories of the old Burnout games, but it looks like EA and Criterion have moved on from the series for good. Thankfully some of the series’ creators at Three Fields Entertainment have just released Dangerous Driving, and it looks like it’s scratching that Burnout itch very nicely!
- Dangerous Driving – PS4, XBO, PC – 8/10
- RICO – PS4, XBO, PC, Switch – 7/10
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy – PS4, XBO, PC, Switch – 7/10
- 12 is Better Than 6– Switch, PC – 4/10
- Submersed – PS4, PC – 3/10
- Nacon Revolution Unlimited PS4 Pro Controller [Hardware]
Reviewed platform in bold.
This Week’s Features
Turning our attention to the previews now, Stefan arrived with a first look at Sniper Elite V2 Remastered, which is coming next month. He also went hands on with The Surge 2, which sees improvements across the board for this Souls-like sci-fi RPG.
Here’s what you lot were playing this week:
- MrYd tells us he earned the platinum for Honor and Duty: D-Day, picked up Stellaris on sale, and got stuck into April’s PS+ offerings.
- The Rise of the Tomb Raider platinum was added to Crazy_Del’s trophy cabinet last week, and he’s aiming to add the Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remaster and Dangerous Driving plats to it this weekend too.
- SYY2127 is burying themselves in Persona 5.
- And lastly, Tony Cawley finished Spiderman this week, calling it “immensely brilliant”, while Apex Legends and The Division 2 also got a look-in.
The Week Ahead
A decent selection of games this week, does anything take your fancy?
- Final Fantasy X & X-2 HD Remaster – XBO, Switch – 16/04
- Anno 1800 – PC – 16/04
- My Time at Portia – PS4, XBO, Switch – 16/04
- World War Z – PS4, XBO, PC – 16/04
- World of Warships: Legends – PS4, XBO – 16/04
- Cuphead – Switch – 18/04
And there we have it, enjoy the weekend and I’ll be back soon!