Ever since Death Stranding was revealed at The Game Awards back in December 2017 there have been many, many questions on everyone’s lips such as…
- Has Kojima got a nice kitchen? Yes he has.
- Does the the game have lovely moss? Yes it does.
- Can I buy a nice, but very expensive, Death Stranding watch? Of course!
- Is the game about ropes and sticks? Yes, but no.
- Will Mads Mikkelsen but getting his kit off for the game, will we see Mad’s nads? Phwoar yes!
- Is Death Stranding anything like the movie Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse? Yes!
- What if I compared Death Stranding to an Italian restaurant, could Kojima pick out a table? Yes he could.
- Can I have a latte with Norman Reedus etched on the top? Yes!
- What about a Koji Pro denim jacket? Got you covered!
- Matching Death Stranding umbrella and socks set? Why not!
- Doe Sony know what Death Stranding is? No.
- So it’s totally different to anything else then? Yes
- A brand new genre? Yes
- Well what the smegging smeg is Death Stranding then?
That is a sensible question. A question that will tax the I.Q. of Kojima to its very limits and stretch the sinews of his knowledge to bursting point. The question is this: Given that God is infinite, and that the universe is also infinite… would he like a toasted teacake?
I mean, that really could be what we ask Kojima because his answer to question “What is Death Stranding about”, even this close to release, makes no sense.
“DEATH STRANDING is different from stealth game,” he tweeted. “You can enjoy First Person View but not a First Person Shooter game. It’s brand new game genre that adapted the concept of strand that we call Action Game, Strand Game (Social Strand System).”
Since I get this question alot, DEATH STRANDING is different from stealth game. You can enjoy First Person View but not a First Person Shooter game. It's brand new game genre that adapted the concept of strand that we call Action Game, Strand Game (Social Strand System). pic.twitter.com/W1oWfvO7B5
— HIDEO_KOJIMA (@HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN) August 27, 2019
Maybe explain what the hell that actually means? No one knows mate, just saying that is not helpful. We get it, you’ve invented something new but could possibly explain a little further about what we will be doing in the game. Other than carrying around a baby connected to some ghostly world because it’s mother was brain dead.
Death Stranding will be melting brains and launch on PlayStation 4 on November 8th.