The UK was blasted by a heatwave this week, which thankfully seems to have dissipated as we head into the weekend. Speaking of the weekend, what have you got planned? Continuing with The Last of Us Part II maybe? Or has anyone picked up a few titles either in the PlayStation sale or the Steam Summer Sale?
In the News This Week
- Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time reveal trailer is here – coming out this October
- New Cyberpunk 2077 trailer and Braindance gameplay revealed in Night City Wire stream
- The Last of Us Part II sold 4 million copies in three days to become fastest-selling PS4 exclusive
- No plans for The Last of Us Part II DLC, Naughty Dog says
- Ghost of Tsushima has gone gold, confirms Sucker Punch
- Microsoft close Mixer streaming platform and partner with Facebook Gaming
- Marvel’s Avengers confirmed as PS5 & Xbox Series X launch title, with free upgrades from PS4 & Xbox One
- Project Cars 3 release date confirmed for August
- Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 and 2 demo reopens Warehouse in August
There was also a darker side to the news this week, that will almost certainly keep resurfacing over the coming weeks and months.
- Ubisoft suspend two executives and other employees amidst sexual misconduct allegations
- Insomniac Games respond to allegations of sexual harassment within studio
- Techland, Paradox and others distance themselves from writer Chris Avellone after sexual abuse allegations
Games in Review
There was quite a variety of reviews this week, from RPG’s to remasters to racing games. Check them out below:
- Burnout Paradise Remastered – NSW – 8/10
- BioShock: The Collection – NSW – 8/10
- Dauntless – PS4, XBO, NSW, PC – 8/10
- Warborn – PS4, XBO, NSW, PC – 7/10
- Wave Break – Stadia – 7/10
- Assetto Corsa Competizione – PS4, XBO – 6/10
- Pokémon Sword & Shield – Isle of Armor DLC – NSW – 6/10
- Old Gods Rising – PC – 5/10
And there were a couple of hardware reviews too:
Last week was very preview and interview heavy, but this week was a quieter affair. Stefan kicked things off with a look at DiRT 5, which is directed more towards the arcade racing crowd than the serious simmers of Rally 2.0.
Meanwhile, Dom played what could be Animal Crossing fans’ “next addiction”, Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town. It’s a remake of one of the games that inspired the creation of the crazily popular Stardew Valley, which sounds pretty great to me!
Last up, What We Played featured The Last of Us Part II, Control & Beat Saber.
Here’s what the community has been up to this week:
- I’m sure absolutely no-one was surprised to hear that by Monday, Crazy_Del had already bagged the platinum for The Last of Us Part 2! He’s since moved on to Metro Exodus which I’m sure won’t last very long either!
- TSBonyman is also enjoying The Last of Us Part 2, but can also be sympathetic to some of the controversy and that ‘event’. However, ron_mcphatty and Andrewww are on the other side though and think it was a ‘great narrative driving force’. Andrewww also got his projector working again, which enabled him to mop up some Bloodborne trophies too.
Enjoy your weekends and I’ll be back soon!