While last week was super busy, this week has felt a bit more slow paced in the gaming world, despite there being lots of big news stories and big game releases. Some of that came from the 20th anniversary Xbox event where Microsoft released the Halo Infinite multiplayer a few weeks ahead of schedule. A great surprise!
Elsewhere, Formula 1 is in Qatar this weekend for the final race of the triple header we’ve been enjoying. It really looks like the championship is going to go down to the wire, even though Verstappen still has a bit of a points cushion. Have you tried out the new circuit in F1 2021 yet?
In the News This Week
- Rockstar Games issues Grand Theft Auto The Trilogy Definitive Edition apology
- Halo Infinite’s free to play multiplayer is out now!
- When will Halo Infinite have co-op campaign? Don’t expect it before May 2022
- F1 2021’s Jeddah circuit update is out now
- Battlefield 2042 day one update aims to reduce rubber banding and make Hazard Zone fixes
- Pragmata officially delayed by Capcom to 2023
- Saints Row delayed to August 2022
- Take-Two’s Private Division buys Roll7
- A digital Remembrance Book for Sir Clive Sinclair has opened
- 70 more Xbox games get backward compatibility support
- Activision CEO Bobby Kotick allegedly knew of sexual abuse and misconduct for years
- Xbox boss is “evaluating” relationship with Activision Blizzard amid latest allegations
- PlayStation boss Jim Ryan criticises Activision scandals in internal email
And both brands have kicked off their respective Black Friday sales:
- The PlayStation Black Friday Sale is now on – get 33% off PS Plus and discounted games
- The Xbox Black Friday game sale is now on with hundreds of discounts
The lovely folk at Frontier Developments have visited TSA towers to drop off a Frontier merch bundle featuring loads of goodies from their games. You have until 6pm tomorrow UK time to enter, and I wish you all good luck!
Games in Review
It’s no surprise that we’ve had a good few big game reviews this week.
- Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl – NSW – 9/10
- Game & Watch: The Legend of Zelda – 7/10
- Battlefield 2042 – PS5, XBX|S, PS4, XBO, PC – 6/10
- Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy Review – PS5, XBX|S, PS4, XBO, PC, NSW – 6/10
- Far Cry 6 Vaas: Insanity DLC – PS5, XBX|S, PS4, XBO, PC – No Score
From the previews, Stefan dived into Halo Infinite’s multiplayer to see how the Free-to-Play “beta” fairs, and came away impressed. His only gripe was the progression system which could do with some tweaks.
On the other side of the multiplayer shooter fence, Jim has cooked up 10 handy tips for new players in Battlefield 2042.
Meanwhile, Jim revisited World War Z on Nintendo Switch to see how it holds up and Nick asked; which Call of Duty is better? Vanguard of Cold War, taking into account their respective campaigns, multiplayer and co-op.
Last up, Halo Infinite, Forza Horizon 5 & Battlefield 2042 made an appearance in What We Played.
Just one person popped in to let us know what they’ve been up to this week. I guess the rest of you didn’t manage to put down your gamepads long enough to type something out!
- willbuchanan survived the flu, and celebrated by grabbing the platinum in Takorita Meets Fries. He also played Monster Hunter World, Need for Speed Heat and Pikmin Bloom.
That’s it for this week’s gaming round-up. Have a fun weekend, and we’ll catch you again soon.