Been a bit of a big week, hasn’t it? Lots of highs and lows. Like Gazza swanning off on a mini-break with his friends, which leaves it up to me to hold back Steven’s insanity for another week. Then there was that whole 12/12/12 12:12:12 thing going down, and then everyone got sick of everyone else tweeting about it. Or that thing we all asked for turning out to be Velocity HD, which we did all ask for, but us not actually getting it until next year?
So cruel, Futurlab. So very, very cruel!
Not even a new Friday Quiz for you this week, but we have some nice giveaways down in the forum section below. So instead we push on to a rather quiet Meets section.
For those of you with a love for F1, I’m also running a big 50% race in F1 2012 at Germany’s Hockenheim ring tomorrow at 5PM. There’s plenty of space left, and the more the merrier.
That’s all there is so far, though! If you’ve got 250 TSA points you can always add a game to the meet list and curry up some company in the meets forum.
It’s still full steam ahead, as we forge towards our little Christmas/end of the year break, with a review of Zone of The Enders HD Collection coming to you from everyone’s favourite Johnny Cullen, Johnny Cullen! Whilst showing their age graphically, but the gameplay is still just as good as before.
This is followed up with a Wii U review of Little Inferno from Greg for another 8/10, and a quick scoreless review of Futurlab’s PSM title Surge, a fast paced “match 3” game which Dan seems to really, really like!
Reviews done, it’s over to my terrible domain… the preview! I’ve had posted a trio of big previews, looking at Aliens: Colonial Marines and interviewing Chris Neely, the game’s Art Director. Then I previewed the new game from the legendary Ron Gilbert, The Cave, before sitting down with the man himself, and then I played Bioshock Infinite and put a few questions to the equally legendary Ken Levine.
Lewis also pitched in with a preview of multiplayer from one of his most anticipated games, God of War: Ascension.
Elsewhere, Al caught up with Shawn McGrath, creator of Dyad, for an interview about Mass Effect, Journey, Journalism and plenty more besides. Al also too a speculative look at what we could see as a PlayStation 4 launch line up, whilst Greg saw how Mass Effect 3 compared on the Wii U to other versions.
Last week’s Chronicle featured Elpablo79’s set up, and we caught the results on the WeView for MotorStorm RC before putting Asura’s Wrath into the hotseat. What We Played hit #83, and the Podcast hit #85.
All of this under a wave of TSA’s Top 10 for 2013 articles, giving you all a recap of what the staff in particular are looking forward to next year. Just have a look here, and you’ll get the whole list, currently up to number 36.
Finally, we head to the forums, to see what you’ve all been up to.
- Tis the season to be a miserable old blighter, because everyone else is so cheery. Yet McProley’s all happy and Chrismassy, kicking off a little giveaway with a handful of nice gifts. Similarly, DiF has a 30 day PS+ code he’d like to pass on to someone.
- The Hawken Open Beta has arrived! If you’re into all that mech action and on PC, you should give it a quick look. Fingers crossed you have a little more luck than I have, finding games.
- Tactical20’s been about on TSA for a good couple of years, but wanted more of you lovely sods on his friends list. Add the fellow if you’re looking for a little FIFA, Borderlands 2 and other games that need a little company to be best enjoyed online.
- Oh dear, Facebook went down for a little while on Monday. Eerily, this was around the time that Gmail did a faceplant… What did you all do with yourselves?
- What did you have for breakfast?
That’s your lot for this week.
Next week… Steven.