It feels like autumn has landed this week, and while it’s still sunny, there’s a crisp bite to the cool air. Sure, we’ve been out of the summer heatwave for quite some time now, but I do like autumn, and it feels like it’s finally here!
If you’re looking for some up and coming gaming to sample, don’t forget to hop into the SoulCalibur VI Network Test this weekend. It’s live now on PlayStation 4 and doesn’t even need PlayStation Plus to play.
In the News This Week
- PlayStation 4 Is Getting Full Cross-Platform Play, Starting With Fortnite
- Fortnite Season 6’s “Unintended” Jiggling Boobs Have Been Removed
- Telltale Criticised For Treatment Of Workers During Layoffs
- Telltale Closed Due To Loss Of Potential Backer, Sold 50M Episodes Of TWD
- Dirt Rally 2.0 Announced, Out February 2019
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Will Need At Least 105GB Of Your Hard Drive
- Fallout 76 Beta Dates Revealed, But It Won’t Have Cross-Play Any Time Soon
- Switch Online Cloud Saves Will Stick Around For 6 Months, Nintendo Confirm
- Keyboard And Mouse Support For Xbox One “Within Weeks”, PC Gamers Like Controllers
- Embrace The Dark Side In Vader Immortal
- October’s Xbox Game Pass Update Includes Wolfenstein: The New Order And Metro 2033 Redux
Sunday Streaming Hour
This weekend’s Sunday Streaming Hour will feature the first episode of Life Is Strange 2, with yours truly starting Sean and Daniel’s dramatic adventure at 7PM tomorrow evening. Come and join us then!
Games in Review
It was a damn strong week for reviews, with Forza Horizon 4, Life Is Strange 2, Wandersong and our belated Destiny 2: Forsaken all landing and all very much worth your time.
- Forza Horizon 4 – XBO, PC – 9/10
- Life Is Strange 2 – Episode 1 –PS4, XBO, PC – 9/10
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – PS4, XBO, PC – 9/10
- Wandersong – Switch, PC – 8/10
- FIFA 19 – PS4, XBO, PC, Switch – 8/10
- Planet Alpha – PS4, XBO, PC, Switch – 7/10
- Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition HD – PS4, XBO, Switch – 6/10
- NBA 2K19 – PS4, XBO, PC, Switch – 5/10
- NASCAR Heat 3 – PS4, XBO, PC – 3/10
- The Council Episode Four: Burning Bridges – PS4, XBO, PC – Episodic
- Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire – Seeker, Slayer, Survivor – PC – DLC
Reviewed platform in bold.
This Week’s Features
With so many reviews to get through, the other features too a bit of a hit. Dom spoke to DotEmu about how and why they’re reviving Street of Rage 4, while Aran went hands on with Steel Rats, where a biker gang goes up against an alien invasion.
This month’s Playing with History looked at what could be next for God of War after its climactic plot twist, and finally What We Played featured Mega Man 11, Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and Forza Horizon 4.
Could this have been the ending to The Walking Dead Season One?
There’s plenty of busy gaming this week, as we check in on the TSA community:
- GeneralJeeb has been enjoying “non-stop Persona 5” for a good 70 hours of playtime, but managed to tear himself away to get to EGX last weekend.
- “Firewall: Zero Hour. That’s it!” said Crazy_Del
- And it’s still just God of War 3 and No Man’s Sky for TSBonyman.
- Combining Del and Jeeb, MrYd has mainly been playing Firewall and Persona 5 this week, but also delved into GT Sport and gave Warface a quick go.
- tactical20 caved and bought Spider-Man.
- gernboes got the platinum trophy from Gravel, which I find impressive given how uninspiring it was, finished the story for Spider-Man, and has been having fun getting used to Dakar 18.
- marvzilla has been sinking into the grind of Destiny 2: Forsaken and FIFA 19’s Ultimate Team.
If you want to be included in this section, make sure to comment on What We Played of a Friday evening.
The Week Ahead
As we head into October, there’s some really bloody big games coming out. Are you going to pick any of these up?
- Forza Horizon 4 – XBO, PC – 02/10
- Mega Man 11 – PS4, XBO, Switch, PC – 02/10
- Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise – PS4 – 02/10
- Astro Bot Rescue Mission – PSVR – 02/10
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey – PS4, XBO, PC – 05/10
- Super Mario Party – Switch – 05/10
Enjoy the weekend and we’ll catch you next time!