It’s been another week of staring at the news at internally yelling “What the hell is actually happening?” but at least we’ve got a slightly shorter weekend than usual to look forward to – don’t forget that the clocks go forward overnight tonight – and it’s Mother’s Day in the UK tomorrow as well, so don’t forget about that!
But there’s also been a ton of things happening in the gaming news this past week. Let’s catch up:
In the News This Week
- Borderlands 3 and Borderlands Remaster finally announced by Gearbox
- Apple Arcade officially unveiled as a gaming subscription across Apple devices
- No Man’s Sky is getting PlayStation VR support this summer
- Kaz Hirai has “decided to depart from Sony”
- Beyond a Steel Sky announced by Revolution
- F1 2019 will be coming out in June, two months earlier than usual
- Dreams Early Access will be launching in April
- Enter the Gungeon’s final Farewell to Arms update is out next week
- PlayStation VR sales exceed 4.2 million units
- PS4 firmware 6.51 is out and brings something Theresa May hasn’t got
Games in Review
We’ve finally been able to pin a score on The Division 2 this week, while also looking at the newly released (and endlessly charming) Yoshi’s Crafted World. Outside of that… well…
- Yoshi’s Crafted World – Switch – 8/10
- The Division 2 – PS4, XBO, PC – 8/10
- Hell Warders – PS4, XBO, Switch, PC – 7/10
- Xenon Racer – PS4, XBO, Switch, PC – 5/10
- Warparty – PS4, XBO, Switch, PC – 5/10
- Eternity: The Last Unicorn – PS4, XBO, PC – 2/10
- Logitech G935 Wireless – Hardware review
- Fallout: The Vault Dweller’s Official Cookbook – Book review
Reviewed platform in bold.
This Week’s Features
We worked through quite a lot of reviews this week, so only a few features outside of that were posted. Nick when hands on with Samurai Showdown, a very slashy reboot of a 90s classic, while I switched on the new Battlefield V Firestorm battle royale mode and asked if it has been worth the wait.
Finally, What We Played #392 featured Sekiro, Assassin’s Creed 3 & Space Junkies.
Here’s the reveal trailer for Borderlands 3
Again, not many of you piped up in What We Played this week, so here’s the diehard regulars:
- MrYd had an OK time with the end of The Walking Dead: The Final Season, got an accidental trophy in Honor and Duty, and played a ton of “free-to-play done properly” Path of Exile.
- JR. finished his second play of Resi 2, branded Battlefield V’s single player a dud after 15 minutes, is closing in on completing Far Cry New Dawn, completed The Lego Movie 2 The Videogame and so, so much more.
- And tactical20 has been playing lots more Super Mario Odyssey and a few hours of Yoshi’s Crafted World.
If you want to be included in this section, make sure to comment on What We Played of a Friday evening.
The Week Ahead
As we head into April, we’ve got not a whole lot going on:
- Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid – PS4 – 02/04
- Beat Blaster – PSVR – 05/04
That’s it for this edition, have a good weekend and we’ll see you again soon!