It’s been another funny old week in the gaming news. There were the Ubisoft game directors all out on the lash tweeting nonsense, Sony and Microsoft are teaming up for cloud gaming, Fortnite has gone all in on a John Wick movie tie in event, and Minecraft is possibly now the best-selling video game of all time. So yeah, it’s been a funny old week…
In the News This Week
- Microsoft and Sony announce partnership for cloud based gaming
- The Fortnite X John Wick event has begun
- Nintendo Switch has passed the PlayStation 4 lifetime sales in Japan
- World of Warcraft Classic is letting players go back to beginning on August 27th
- Minecraft has sold 176 million copies, and could now be the best-selling video game of all time
- Oh good, there’s yet another The Walking Dead game on the way
- The Epic Games Store sale begins, up to 75% discount plus an extra $10 off
- The Persistence Complete Edition will make the horror game playable without VR
- Ubisoft Creative Director “Working on the next Splinter Cell” tweets were a joke [Updated]
Games in Review
There were some big releases in the review queue this week, as Rage 2 was unleashed, Total War: Three Kingdoms marched forth and Team Sonic Racing lined up at the starting line for next week. In the end, they were all outshone by A Plague Tale: Innocence, though.
- A Plague Tale: Innocence – PS4, XBO, PC – 9/10
- Darkwood – PS4, XBO, Switch, PC – 8/10
- Rage 2 – PS4, XBO, PC – 8/10
- Total War: Three Kingdoms – PC – 7/10
- Team Sonic Racing– PS4, XBO, Switch, PC – 6/10
- Detective Pikachu Film Review – 9/10
Reviewed platform in bold.
This Week’s Features
Outside of the regular reviews, I took a look at Sniper Elite V2 Remastered, finding it to be a competent remaster that leans heavily on the old PC version of the game, while Gamoc’s was less impressed by Saints Row: The Third on Switch.
I then turned my gaze to some upcoming games from Bigben Interactive. I broke out my dictionary of Bee puns for Bee Simulator, jumped into the lustful action RPG of Warhammer: Chaosbane, and rounded things off with a look at the humorously dystopian Paranoia: Happiness is Mandatory.
To finish off the week, What We Played featured A Plague Tale: Innocence, Rage 2 and Team Sonic Racing.
Checking in with the community, and only a handful of you popped in to tell us what you’ve played:
- Crazy_Del nabbed the platinum for Days Gone, and while waiting for a patch to World War Z to fix a weapons glitch and the launch of Rage 2, he’s been playing and loving Fallout Shelter.
- There’s just six or seven moons that tactical20 has to collect still in Super Mario Odyssey, but he doubts he’ll ever get the one from the dark side of the moon.
- Andrewww didn’t play games because he’s started watching the entire MCU from the very beginning!
- MrYd extends his thanks to whoever persuaded him to get Grip, because it’s rather good, while he’s overlooking the flaws in Dragon Quest XI for some classic JRPG fun. That and his usual stints in Firewall and Honor & Duty.
The Week Ahead
There’s a lot of stuff coming to Switch next week…
- American Fugitive – PS4, XBO, Switch, PC – 21/05
- Assassin’s Creed III Remastered – Switch – 21/05
- Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland – PS4, Switch, PC – 21/05
- Dauntless – PS4, XBO, PC – 21/05
- Everybody’s Golf – PSVR – 21/05
- Observation – PS4, PC – 21/05
- Resident Evil Origins Collection – Switch – 21/05
- Resident Evil 4 – Switch – 21/05
- Team Sonic Racing – PS4, XBO, Switch, PC – 21/05
- Total War: Three Kingdoms – PC – 23/05
That’s it for this edition, have a fab weekend and we’ll see you again soon!