Formula 1 is officially back this weekend (and just in time for the release of F1 2020 video game next week, which is a happy coincidence!). Will it be the usual tale of Mercedes leading from lights to flag? Can the Red Bulls stop spinning out all the time? Is the Ferrari really that far behind on pace? And are the “Tracing Point” cars going to steal a march on the rest of the midfield?
There’s a lot of stories that we’ve been waiting for the last four months to get the answers to, and I’m sure F1 fans will be eager to get some F1 action, any F1 action this weekend.
In the News This Week
- NBA 2K21 PS5 and Xbox Series X RRP confirmed as £64.99, no free upgrade path from current gen
- Fallout TV series teased by Amazon Studios and the creators of Westworld
- Avalanche Software staff confirm an open world Harry Potter game is coming to next-gen
- Worms Rumble goes real time with 32-player multiplayer for PS5, PS4 & PC
- Creaks is an eerie puzzle adventure game coming to PC and consoles this month
- Crucible returning to closed beta today, Amazon and Relentless continue to work on game’s roadmap
- UK House of Lords says immediate action must take place to class loot boxes as gambling
- PS Plus July line up includes NBA 2K20, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and a bonus third game
- Epic free games list adds two more titles next week
And we have the continued fallout and action surrounding the allegations of sexual abuse that came out over the last two weeks.
- EVO 2020 cancelled after sexual assault allegations made against co-founder
- Ubisoft promise “change starts today”, restructures editorial team
Games in Review
- Marvel’s Iron Man VR – PSVR – 8/10
- Pokémon Café Mix– NSW, iOS, And – 8/10
- Urban Trials Tricky – NSW – 8/10
- The Almost Gone – NSW, PC, iOS, And – 8/10
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor – PS4, XBO, PC, Stadia – 8/10
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated – PS4, XBO, NSW, PC – 7/10
- 1971 Project Helios Review – PS4, XBO, NSW, PC – 4/10
And there was one solitary headset review:
There was a good clutch of previews and features this week, and I’ll start with my own work. I spoke to People Can Fly as they revealed the second Outriders Broadcast, and dug into how this game is putting the RPG elements before the looter shooter. Great news if you found Destiny and Borderlands a bit too light in that regard.
Jim played The Waylanders, finding a game that wants to be a Celtic Dragon Age, before returning to The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners on PSVR, and calling it “the best PSVR game yet in 2020”. Jim then rounded out his week by relaxing and playing the space salvage sim Hardspace: Shipbreaker.
Finally, What We Played featured The Last of Us Part II, Ghost of Tsushima and Pokémon games.
Check out all the features coming in F1 2020
Here’s what you in our community has been up to this week:
- TSBonyman has sunk 20 hours into The Last of Us Part II so far, calling it “awesome in every way.”
- It was platinum time for Crazy_Del with Metro Exodus, but he’s still one trophy away from the FIFA 20 platinum. Maybe taking part in the FIFA 20 VIP Club the next few months will help him get it?
- And MrYd has been having more misadventures in Red Dead Redemption 2 with Bob the Horse and another player. He’s also grinding his way up to level 50 in NFS: Heat, running over “endless neon flamingos” as he does so.
I hope you have a good weekend and I’ll see you on the other side!