The dust has settled on this year’s digital E3, and we can already start looking forward to it returning next year, hopefully with people actually in attendance! Of course, there’s plenty more announcements to come this summer; EA Play Live is only next month, and I’m sure Sony has a State of Play up their sleeve too.
It was a busy week, so if you did miss anything, then fear not as you can catch up on everything with our dedicated E3 2021 hub.
In the News This Week
- Game & Watch: The Legend of Zelda celebrates the 35th anniversary with three classic games
- Cyberpunk 2077 returns to PlayStation Store next week – Sony says it still has issues on PS4
- Steam Next Fest is now on with hundreds of time-limited demos to try
- There’s a surprise, Facebook are testing adverts within Oculus games
- Metro Exodus: Enhanced Edition free upgrade is now live
- Halo Infinite Multiplayer overview reveals the sandbox, Academy, bots, customisation & more
- WW2 shooter Hell Let Loose will release on PC in July – coming to PS5 & Xbox Series X|S this year
- PS5 system software beta sign-ups are now open
- Download issues continue to affect Nintendo Switch owners after system update 12.0.3
- Xbox Cloud Gaming will let Xbox One owners play Xbox Series X|S games like Starfield & Microsoft Flight Simulator
Games in Review
Even with the industry’s busiest week of the year, there was still time to sneak in the odd review or six:
- Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade – PS5, PS4 – 9/10
- Chivalry 2 – PS5, XSX|S, PS4, XBO, PC – 8/10
- Guilty Gear -Strive- – PS5, PS4, PC – 8/10
- Roguebook – PS4, XBO, NSW, PC – 8/10
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Blackwood – PS5, XSX|S, PS4, XBO, PC – 7/10
- Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown – PS4 – 7/10
Moving on to the previews, Alexis went hands on with murder-mystery game, The Forgotten City, as Reuben took a look at the JRPG-inspired Cris Tales. He also found time to play Tales of Arise, which he described as “an absolutely incredible experience”.
Next up, Stefan looked at Lemnis Gate, which he described as ‘a tasty time loop lasagna of a sci-fi first person shooter’, and you can see that for yourself below:
With the Steam Next Fest and Xbox Summer Games Fest, Stefan has been sampling some of the delights. Zelda fans should check out Tunic, although don’t be misled by the cute visuals – it’s more of a soulslike game. If you want a more relaxing gaming experience, then maybe Sable is for you, while petrol heads might be more at home with RiMS Racing or WRC 10.
Rounding out the week as usual, What We Played featured Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade and Tales of Arise.
Here’s what you in our community has been up to this week:
- Bocking87 ots of Destruction AllStars and is close to the platinum!
- doomsday619 added the platinum trophy to his collection for Ratchet and Clank, and now starts moping up the trophies in Days Gone.
- hornet1990 started Need for Speed, calling it “ok so far”.
- ron_mcphatty played plenty of Train Valley 2, before turning to his Switch for a little bit of Super Monkey Ball and Lumines. That is when he’s been able to get his hands on it with his Mario Kart addicted daughters and Sonic Mania obsessed wife!
- willbuchanan has been playing more Borderlands The Pre-Sequel this week, getting through all the main and side missions. As an aside, we’ve got to wish his wife well and a speedy recovery after she hurt her back.
- MrYd picked up his 100th platinum with the “lovely little game” that is The Last Campfire. He’s also played the PS5 version of Manifold Garden, Observer: System Redux, and got addicted to Slay the Spire from PS Now. Now he’s going to knuckle down and finish off AC Valhalla.
- Right up until a massive difficulty spike, Andrewww was enjoying Unravel 2 with his daughter. Aside from that he’s played Shadows of the Tomb Raider, “which is OK so far.”
- And last but by no means least, Crazy_Del added Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart as his 650th platinum, but was quick to add L.A Noir and Star Wars too. This weekend sees him attempt Resident Evil Village on PS4.
That’s it for your roundup. Have a great weekend and I’ll see you again soon!