Like tick follows tock, Britain returned to overcast conditions and rain in the low teens with a mixture of excitement and bubbling resentment at the arrival of a new royal baby. Basically just another average week, right?
In the News This Week
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider has been officially announced
- Norway is taking Steam, Origin, the PlayStation Store and Nintendo eShop to task for not abiding the law
- Belgium says loot boxes are gambling and Overwatch, FIFA 18 and CS:GO are breaking the law
- Nintendo’s profits soar on excellent Switch sales, and pass the baton to a new president as Kimishima-san retires
- 11-11: Memories Retold is a new collaboration between Bandai Namco, Wallace & Gromit creators Aardman & DigixArt
- PUBG’s second map is now on the Xbox One Public Test Server
- Firewatch’s developers are now part of Valve
- Rebellion’s 1930s co-op shooter Strange Brigade is coming out in August
- Quantic Dream are suing the French press
- Tacoma is coming to PlayStation 4 in May
- May’s PlayStation Plus games include Beyond: Two Souls & Rayman Legends
- Xbox Game Pass adds State of Decay 2, Laser League and PES 2018 in May
Games in Review
Things picked up again in the revews department, but has anything done enough to tickle your fancy?
- Dead Secret – PSVR, Vive, Rift – 8/10
- The Swords of Ditto – PS4, PC – 7/10
- BattleTech – PC, Mac – 7/10
- Crisis on the Planet of the Apes – PSVR, Vive, Rift – 5/10
- Dusty Raging Fist – PS4 – 3/10
- Pinball FX3 – The Last Jedi – PS4, XBO, Switch, PC – DLC, No Score
Reviewed platform in bold.
This Week’s Features
This was also a pretty busy week in the previews department, which we kicked off with our hands on impressions from Detroit: Become Human’s first act, before speaking to Lead Writer Adam Williams about building this world of androids.
We then turned back to Rezzed, as Kris played with both ends of a two headed dog in Phogs! – not as gross as it sounds – before patrolling the 90s internet in Hypnospace Outlaw. Dave shared his thoughts on Switch games Bad North and the adorable co-op game Pode. Another Rezzed round up featured Strange Brigade, Kinghts and Bikes, Shaq Fu and Pocket Rumble.
Dave also got his transcription hat on to talk to the developers of Heaven’s Vault – a game from 80 Days developer Inkle – and the devs of Two Point Hospital about creating new and imaginative diseases for their spiritual Theme Hospital sequel.
Finally, What We Played featured God of War,Laser League and the Detroit: Become Human demo.
Let’s check in with the community this week:
- It was “Just God of War” for JR, and after something feeling a bit off, he eventually awards it an 11/10.
- And it was “Just God of War” for gernboes as well.
- MrYd is now just two trophies from the Killing Floor 2 platinum.
- Tony C is absolutely loving Horizon Zero Dawn.
- Tactical20 has done the first area in Far Cry 5, but found there’s still loads to do.
- It’s back to No Man’s Sky for TSBonyman, but he did level up some more in Bloodborne as well.
If you want to be included in this section, make sure to comment on What We Played of a Friday evening.
The Week Ahead
As we head into May, there’s :
- Battlezone: Gold Edition – XBO, PC, PS4 – 01/05
- Super Mega Baseball 2 – PS4, XBO PC – 01/05
- Killing Floor: Incursion – PSVR – 01/05
- Guns of Icarus Alliance – PS4 – 01/05
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia – PC – 03/05
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze – Switch – 04/05
Enjoy the sunshine this weekend and we’ll catch you next week!