There’s obviously only one thing dominating the news this weekend, but if you’re not bothered by the royal wedding in Windsor, we’ve got plenty for you right here!
In the News This Week
- Rage 2 Officially Announced, Gameplay Trailer Coming Tomorrow
- Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII Revealed, Here Are All The Details
- Microsoft Have Made An Xbox Adaptive Controller For Gamers With Limited Mobility
- The NES Mini Goes Back On Sale In June
- F1 2018 Races On To PC And Consoles This August
- Ride 3 Officially Announced, Out In November
- Metro Exodus Has Been Postponed Until Q1 2019
- Destiny 2 To Get ‘Crucible Labs’ At The End Of May
- Ubisoft Delay Skull & Bones Until Next Year
- No Man’s Sky NEXT Update Will Bring Full Multiplayer In July
Games in Review
It was another busy week for the reviews, and with a big swing in scores:
- Wizard of Legend – PS4, XBO, Switch, PC – 9/10
- Omensight – PS4, PC – 8/10
- Fox n Forests – PS4, XBO, Switch, PC – 7/10
- Killing Floor: Incursion – PSVR, Vive, Rift – 7/10
- State of Decay 2 – XBO, PC – 7/10
- Conan Exiles – PS4, XBO, PC – 6/10
- Azure Saga: Pathfinder – PC, Mac – 6/10
- Little Witch Academia: Chamber of Time – PS4, PC – 5/10
- City of Brass – PS4, XBO, PC – 3/10
- Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition – Switch – No Score
- The Council Episode Two: Hide And Seek – PS4, XBO, PC – No Score
- PlayStation Anthology Book Review – Paper – No Score
- BENQ EL2870U Monitor Review – Hardware – No Score
Reviewed platform in bold.
This Week’s Features
With so many reviews, there wasn’t much space for the previews. That said, this week was all about Ubisoft’s upcoming title, The Crew 2.
As you can see in Stefan’s hands on above, the variety offered by the game is almost unparalleled, with the action taking place in cars, bikes, boats and planes. He also had a chat with Julien Hummer, Player Experience Director, about how the key part of the game is the freedom given to the player through the map and different vehicles. Lastly, he had a look at 7 things he loves about the game:
Aside from The Crew, another upcoming racer is OnRush, which is having an Open Beta right now – you can grab it here from the PlayStation Store, or from the Microsoft Store on Xbox One. Stefan, Jim and Jason shared their thoughts on the beta, saying that if “you’re a fan of the genre and Evo’s previous work on Motorstorm, you really should try and find the time to play this weekend.”
Finally, What We Played featured Conan Exiles, State Of Decay 2 & Detroit: Become Human.
Let’s check in with the community this week:
- gernboes grabbed two platinums this week, one for God of War, and one for Burly Men at Sea.
- tactical20 finished everything in Far Cry 5 and grabbed all the single player trophies, but he’s holding out for a free multiplayer weekend to get the online trophies and platinum.
- Crazy_Del earned platinum #352 with God of War, played some FIFA, and also enjoyed his birthday!
- MrYd finished the story for Ni No Kuni 2, dabbled in a bit of Resident Evil 7 DLC, and then bought Rainbow Six: Siege after giving the free weekend a try.
- ron_mcphatty is “achingly” close to the platinum for GTA V.
- Andrewww played a FIFA game for the first time in his life, but found Bloodbourne to be more his thing.
- JR. shares his thoughts on The Raven: Remastered, calling it “one of the most awful games I’ve ever played …but I really enjoyed it.”
- And lastly, “hugely disappointing and perplexing” is how TSBonyman described the OnRush beta. Has anyone else tried it yet?
If you want to be included in this section, make sure to comment on What We Played of a Friday evening.
The Week Ahead
Fans of David Cage have been looking forward to this week for a while I bet!
- State of Decay 2 – XBO, PC – 22/05
- Space Hulk: Deathwing – Enhanced Edition – PS4, PC – 22/05
- Star Trek: Bridge Crew – The Next Generation – PS4 – 22/05
- Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon – PS4, XBO, Switch, Vita – 24/05
- Dark Souls Remastered – PS4, XBO, PC – 25/05
- Detroit: Become Human – PS4 – 25/05
Enjoy the weekend and we’ll catch you next week!