Sure, the biggest game of the generation has only just been released, but there’s several major games just around the corner, from Hitman 2 and Fallout 76, to Spyro and Battlefield V (even if you can already play it because of EA’s messy launch windows).
Can anything tempt you away from the campfires and bank robberies of Red Dead Redemption 2?
In the News This Week
- Diablo Immortal’s Announcement Booed At BlizzCon
- Diablo 4 Was Allegedly Going To Be Confirmed At BlizzCon
- It Sounds Like PUBG Is Coming To PS4 In December
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Sells 17 Million In 8 Days, As GTA V Passes 100 Million
- Ubisoft Say No To Drugs, Sex And Gambling In Rainbow 6: Siege Update
- Here’s 139 Pages Of Launch Notes For Battlefield V
- Beat Saber Swipes Its Way Onto PSVR This Month
- Grab The Original Crackdown For Free From Xbox Marketplace
- Play PUBG And PES 2019 For Free On Xbox One This Weekend
Sunday Streaming Hour
What’s up on the schedule for the Sunday Streaming Hour this week? Sadly, I can’t actually tell you just yet! We’ll be able to announce it tomorrow at 2PM, with the stream happening as usual at 5PM, but trust me that it’s going to be one worth tuning into!
Games in Review
We’ve been treated to swathes of reviews this week, with some absolute crackers in there if you like action, rhythm and partying:
- Tetris Effect – PS4, PSVR – 10/10
- Diablo III: Eternal Collection – Switch, PS4, XBO – 9/10
- NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 – PS4, XBO, Switch, PC – 8/10
- 11-11: Memories Retold – PS4, XBO, PC – 7/10
- SNK 40th Anniversary Collection – Switch – 7/10
- Skyscrappers – PS4, Switch – 6/10
- Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics – PC – 6/10
Reviewed platform in bold.
This Week’s Features
We could have reviewed Battlefield V as the embargo lifted on Thursday, but are taking the time to explore the game’s online servers and single player. However, we ran a Road to Review and spoke to DICE about the game’s customisation and upcoming Tides of War.
Dom shared his hands on impressions from the ambitious cross-platform space fighting of Vanguard: Fight For Rudiarus, while Nick’s time with the beta of Overkill’s The Walking Dead sounded rather positive ahead of this week’s release.
I went hands on with the immersive sim Underworld Ascendant, coming from some of the minds that helped create the genre, way back when. I also dove into the augmented reality of Ingress Prime, as Niantic return to and overhaul the predecessor to Pokémon Go.
Ade and Tuffcub returned to Strange Brigade’s DLC, but found it’s largely more of the same. The cuteness of Final Fantasy World returned with Maxima release on Switch and with DLC for the other platforms it previously released on, and finally, I played Just Cause 4 and now I’m happy again!
What We Played then featured Tetris Effect, Steel Rats and Battlefield V.
Check out these tractors in Farming Simulator 19
Futurlab are teasing Mini-Mech Mayhem
Here’s the launch trailer to the lovely, but flawed 11-11: Memories Retold
Are you still all being cowboys? Let’s fine out:
- MrYd played “A lot of RDR2”, but also picked up Astrobot for PSVR as a birthday treat. Happy birthday!
- It’s also been “mostly RDR2” for Del.
- For aerobes, his thoughts on RDR2 are that he’s, “Liking it, not loving it, can’t stop thinking about it.”
- Jag’s been bouncing back and forth between RDR2 and AC Odyssey
- He’s found time for a bit of GT Sport, but it’s mainly been RDR2 for gernboes.
- Breaking the chain, TSBonyman’s been playing the Tetris Effect demo, Burly Men at Sea from PS+, some Bulletstorm and, as usual, No Man’s Sky.
- And Eldave0 treated himself to a copy of Dark Souls on Switch.
If you want to be included in this section, make sure to comment on What We Played of a Friday evening.
The Week Ahead
It’s a busy week of garrotting, arson and nuking ahead:
- Hitman 2 – PS4, XBO, PC – 13/11
- SNK 40th Anniversary Collection – Switch – 13/11
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy – PS4, XBO – 13/11
- Fallout 76 – PS4, XBO, PC – 14/11
- Trailblazers – Switch – 15/11
- Underworld Ascendant – PC, Mac, Linux – 15/11
- Battlefield V (Early Access) – PS4, XBO, PC – 15/11
- Pokémon Let’s Go – Switch – 16/11
Enjoy the weekend and we’ll catch you next time!