It’s probably one of the best weekends we’ve had in a while for watching sports, with the Six Nations coming down to the wire for Ireland, Wales and England today, and the F1 season kicking off Down Under!
Anyway, let’s have a look back over the past seven days here on TSA!
In the News This Week
- The Division 2’s day one update is around 50GB, will need 90GB on PS4
- Rumour: Sony in “advanced talks” to buy Take Two / Rockstar (It turns out this was just a rumour after all)
- Left 4 Dead devs announce co-op zombie shooter Back 4 Blood which absolutely isn’t Left 4 Dead 3
- Devil May Cry 5’s Bloody Palace launch date revealed
- Sniper Elite V2 Remastered confirmed, alongside VR, Switch projects and a sequel
- Tiny Metal: Full Metal Rumble brings more advance wars to Switch this spring
- Halo: Reach remaster coming to The Master Chief Collection, which is also coming to PC
- Microsoft demo their Project xCloud game streaming
- Microsoft officially announce Xbox Live for iOS and Android games
Games in Review
Tef shared some thoughts on The Division 2 ahead of the full review that should land next week, but check out the rest of the reviews below:
- Reverie: Sweet As Edition – Switch – 8/10
- while True: Learn () – PC, Android, iOS – 7/10
- One Piece: World Seeker – PS4, XBO, PC – 6/10
- Dick Wilde 2 – PC, PSVR – 5/10
- Beat Cop – PS4, XBO, PC, Switch – 5/10
- Sky Gamblers – Afterburner – Switch – 5/10
- Left Alive – PS4, PC – 2/10
- The Pull List (Comics):
- Dr Steve’s Game Clinic included:
- Blue Rider – PS4, XBO, Switch, PC
- Bendy and the Ink Machine – PS4, XBO, Switch, PC, iOS, Android
- Pipe Push Paradise – PS4, XBO, Switch, PC, iOS, Android
- Nairi: Tower of Shirin – Switch, PC
- Tsioque – PC
- Atari Flashback Classics Vol. 3 – PS4, XBO
Reviewed platform in bold.
This Week’s Features
Jim kicked off the previews this week with a look at Pagan Online. He called it “a solid dungeon crawler” as he spoke to Lead Game Designer, Emil Esov, about what you can expect from the game.
Meanwhile, Thomas ventured into the open world, cooperative survival RPG that is Outward. As he says in his preview, this isn’t a game for the causal players – the punishing difficulty combined with the death mechanics create a ‘brutal’ experience.
Finally, What We Played featured DMC 5, One Piece, and The Division 2.
Here’s what you’ve been up to this week:
- Jag nabbed the AC Odyssey Platinum after 180hrs, and so now turns his attention to the DLC, as well as a spot of The Division 2 and DMC5.
- 1 Billion Legos and the platinum in Lego MARVEL Super Heroes is the target for Crazy_Del this weekend!
- tactical20 finished The Witness without cheating. Impressive!
- MrYd spent time with FFXV, plus the usual PSVR sessions with Firewall, Honor and Duty, and Rush VR.
- Andrewww’s got hooked on an addictive mobile game this week, although doesn’t tell us what it’s called. Maybe that’s for our own safety?
- And last up TSBonyman has nearly finished Metro 2033 and Counterspy, and so is just starting Wolfenstein The Old Blood.
If you want to be included in this section, make sure to comment on What We Played of a Friday evening.
The Week Ahead
The release calendar is looking a tad light right now:
- We. The Revolution – PC – 21/03
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice – PS4, PC – 22/03
- Unravel 2 – Switch – 22/03
Enjoy your weekends, and I’ll be back soon!