The ship known as HMS E3 sprang more than a few leaks this week, as is customary to do so in the run up to the event. I’d argue that the biggest news actually came not from one of the big publishers, but Google, who revealed more details about Stadia.
Have you bought a Founders Edition, or are you cautiously waiting to see how the tech holds up?
In the News This Week
- Google Stadia’s price, games, and November launch revealed in first Stadia Connect
- FromSoftware’s George R.R. Martin collaboration Elden Ring leaks
- Report: Destiny 2 is going Free-To-Play
- Watch Dogs Legion leaks out, and it’s set in post-Brexit London
- Square Enix’s Outriders to be revealed at E3
- All 42 games on the Mega Drive Mini revealed including two bonus games
- Baldur’s Gate 3 confirmed by Larian Studios for PC and Google Stadia
- The Uncharted movie will hit cinemas in December 2020
- The Days Of Play sale is now live on the PlayStation Store!
- Röki and Eldest Souls revealed by United Label
- Ninja Theory’s new game Bleeding Edge leaks
Don’t forget, as we head into the busy weekend of E3 press conferences and announcements, that you can keep tabs on all of this through our freshly launched E3 hub!
Games in Review
Most of the games reviewed this week were well received, other than the PS4 release for Day Z, which you should run away from. Far away.
- Golem Gates – PS4, XBO, PC, Switch – 8/10
- Akane – PC, Switch – 8/10
- Xiaomi Black Shark 2 – Mobile Phone – 8/10
- MotoGP 19 – PS4, XBO, PC, Switch – 7/10
- Dark Future: Blood Red States – PC – 7/10
- Koral – PC, Switch – 7/10
- Whispers of a Machine – PC, Android, iOS – 7/10
- Day Z – PS4 – 2/10
Reviewed platform in bold.
This Week’s Features
With E3 only days away, it was time for our Staff to share their hopes and dreams for the event, while Jim looked back over the games that were released and reviewed in May, awarding A Plague Tale: Innocence as the Game of the Month.
Elsewhere, Stefan went hands on (or should that be heads on?) with the new HTC Vive Pro Eye, which uses fancy tech to see what you’re looking at in your VR world and enhance the experience through this.
Last up, What We Played featured Days Gone, Destiny 2 & (unfortunately) DayZ.
Here’s what the Community got up to this week:
- MrYd only played games beginning with a D: Dragon Quest XI, Dauntless, Honor and Duty: D-Day (close enough!).
- Crazy_Del played World War Z, and completed the campaign in Battlefield V, but was denied the Platinum by some glitched trophies. Boo!
- And lastly, TSBonyman is has been tinkering away with the music editor and visual effects in Dreams.
The Week Ahead
You’d have to be a brave publisher to release your game in E3 week, wouldn’t you?
- Verlet Swing – PS4, XBO, Switch – 11/06
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance Royal Edition – PS4, XBO, PC – 11/06
That’s all for now. Have a great weekend, and even more importantly, a great E3!