The Six Nations returns this weekend, although it should probably be temporarily re-branded as the Four Nations thanks to that pesky coronavirus continuing to spread. Still, we should be in for a cracking game with England taking on Wales later today, and Scotland facing the so-far dominating France tomorrow.
Covid-19 has also been affecting video games over the last couple of months, so it’s obviously featured as we round up this week’s biggest stories.
In the News This Week
- Ghost of Tsushima release date confirmed for June, new trailer here
- Grab the Final Fantasy VII Remake demo right now, and get an exclusive PS4 theme as well
- The Last of Us TV series confirmed by Naughty Dog and HBO
- EA Motive’s Star Wars: Project Maverick has been found on the PSN
- Riot Games reveal Valorant, a 5v5 character-based tactical shooter coming this summer
- Forget Skate 4, Skater XL has been announced for consoles
- Google Stadia now supports 4K resolution in Chrome
- Offworld Trading Company and GoNNER are this week’s Epic Games Store free titles
- Yakuza 7 hits 400,000 sales as we wait for international release date
- Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary is out now on PC
- Death Stranding’s PC release date has been confirmed for June
- E3 2020 creative directors iam8bit resign after just five weeks
Those subscription services have got some fresh new games being added to them:
- PS Now March update adds Control and Shadow of the Tomb Raider
- NBA 2K20, Ori and the Will of the Wisps confirmed for Xbox Game Pass update
And given the way that coronavirus is spreading, let’s see how that’s affecting the games we know and love:
- Bungie employees to work from home as COVID-19 coronavirus spreads in the US
- Konami delays release of PC Engine CoreGrafx Mini console as manufacturing affected by coronavirus
- TwitchCon Amsterdam has been cancelled as coronavirus continues to hit industry
- Minecraft Festival postponed to 2021 over COVID-19 fears
Games in Review
Dom heaped the praise on our high scorer this week, saying Darksiders Genesis “feels like a true Darksiders game, and banishes any memory of the lacklustre third entry”.
- Darksiders Genesis – PS4, XBO, PC, Switch, Stadia – 9/10
- Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX – Switch – 8/10
- BoxVR – PSVR, Quest – 8/10
- One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Knows – PS4, XBO, PC – 7/10
- Romance Of The Three Kingdoms XIV – PS4, PC – 6/10
- Woven – PS4, XBO, PC, Switch – 4/10
- Pandaball – PS4 – 4/10
Kicking of the previews this week, Jim had a look at the highly anticipated Final Fantasy VII Remake. Fans will be relieved to know that Square Enix have approached the remake in the right way, by making some necessary tweaks while still remaining faithful to the original.
Elsewhere, Stefan settled into his new island home in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, which he instantly fell in love with, as you can see in this video:
Last up, Miguel also fell head over heels for Sludge Life, which he described as an “anti-capitalist, teen angst and graffiti-fuelled walking simulator”, as What We Played featured Animal Crossing, Star Wars & BoxVR.
Here’s what you’ve been up to this week:
- MrYd wasn’t impressed with the PS+ offerings, but found the PS Now updates more to his liking, with Wolfenstein 2 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider being highlights.
- It was more Dreams and No Man’s Sky for TSBonyman. He’s almost earnt the living ship in the latter, and recommends checking out ‘Impception’ in Dreams.
- ron_mcphatty got back to gaming this week and has been racing through the second half of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. He’s a little surprised that the “old-school” gameplay has reviewed so well, but he’s enjoying it much more now. He’s also been playing with real world Lego a lot, using his kids as justification to buy himself around £100 of the stuff some months!
- And camdaz didn’t have any gaming to share this week, but did suggest a programme on the History channel last night called Game Changers: Inside the Video Game Wars, charting the historical rivalries between the various console manufacturers.
Enjoy your weekend and I’ll see you again soon!