December has arrived, and it’s starting to feel a bit more Christmassy with the trees and lights appearing around us. Has anyone put a punt on it being a white Christmas this year?
The big news of the week was of course the launch of Red Dead Online. Let me know if you’ve had a chance to posse up yet, and what your first thoughts are!
In the News This Week
- The Red Dead Redemption 2 Online Beta Goes Live Tomorrow
- Rockstar’s Agent Is No Longer Trademarked
- Here’s Today’s “Bethesda Screwed Up” News Item
- Bethesda Offer Fallout 76 Currency To Make Up For The Rubbish Bag
- December’s PlayStation Plus Games Are SOMA And OnRush
- December’s Games With Gold For Xbox Are Never Alone And Qube 2
- Bungie Reveal Their Roadmap For Destiny 2: Forsaken Upcoming Seasons
- The Anthem Alpha Starts In A Few Days
- Team17 To Publish WWII Shooter Hell Let Loose
- Grid Autosport Is Being Ported To Nintendo Switch
- Nintendo Loosen Their Rules On Video Game Streaming
- Obisidian Teasing A Game Reveal At The Game Awards
Sunday Streaming Hour
Tomorrow sees the TSA posse riding around in Red Dead Online at 5pm for Sunday Streaming Hour. Feel free to drop into the stream, or maybe even join them in the Wild West!
Games in Review
It was another busy week for the previews, with a healthy mix of games and hardware:
- Persona 3 Dancing Moon Night / Persona 5 Dancing Star Night – PS4, Vita – 8/10
- Darksiders III – PS4, XBO, PC – 7/10
- Farming Simulator 19 – PS4, XBO, PC – 7/10
- Ride 3 – PS4, XBO, PC, – 6/10
- Gensokyo Defenders – Switch – 4/10
- Battletech Flashpoint DLC – PC – No Score
- Spiderman: Turf Wars DLC – PS4 – No Score
- PlayStation Classic – Hardware – No Score
- LucidSound LS25 Headset – Hardware – No Score
Steve also opened up his game clinic, offering mini-reviews of the following patients:
- Corpse Party: Book of Shadows – PC
- Fast Striker – PS4
- Super Hyperactive Ninja – Switch
- Air Missions: Hind and Heavy Fire: Red Shadow – PS4
- Heavy Fire: Red Shadow – PS4
- My Memory of Us – PS4
Reviewed platform in bold.
This Week’s Features
It was a (red) dead week for the previews, as the only offering we had was Adrian’s look at the Red Dead Online Beta. Although he enjoyed completing storyline missions in co-op, the ‘unremarkable’ combat currently lets it down.
Elsewhere, What We Played featured Beat Saber, Persona 5 Dancing In Starlight, & Pokémon Let’s Go.
Time to check in with the community:
- Catching up with the RDR2 players, MrYd finished the single player, saying “it’s definitely earned it’s title as ‘game of the generation'”, as did Crazy_Del, who says that the online is “mad fun!”. ron_mcphatty is slightly further behind in the single player, and found a few too many bugs when he ventured online.
- tactical20 is 12 days into waiting for God of War to arrive, eek!
- TSBonyman enjoyed his ‘favourite update so far’ in No Man’s Sky.
- GeneralJeeb dabbled in a bit of Pokémon, Diablo III, Xenoblade and Velocity X2.
- And lastly Andrewww picked up Tomb Raider and another controller in the Black Friday sales so he can enjoy Rayman with his kids.
If you want to be included in this section, make sure to comment on What We Played of a Friday evening.
The Week Ahead
Is this the last flurry of releases before Christmas?
- Gwent: The Witcher Card Game – PS4, XBO – 4/12
- Just Cause 4 – PS4, XBO, PC – 4/12
- Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom – PS4, XBO, PC, Switch – 4/12
- Persona 3, 4, 5 Dancing – PS4 – 4/12
- Subnautica – PS4, XBO – 4/12
- PUBG – PS4 – 7/12
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – Switch – 7/12
Enjoy the weekend and I’ll see you again soon!