I’ve barely caught up with all of the trailers and videos to come out of XO19 on Thursday, but I think I was most impressed by that stunning Microsoft Flight Simulator video. What was your favourite clip or piece of news? Let us know below, after digging into this week’s round up!
In the News This Week
- 35 upcoming Xbox Game Pass titles revealed at XO19 – The Witcher 3, Final Fantasy series, Halo: Reach & more
- Project xCloud Preview now has 50 games, will stream your games and Game Pass for free in 2020
- Halo Reach comes to Halo: The Master Chief Collection & Xbox Game Pass in early December
- Planet Coaster is coming to consoles in summer 2020
- Bleeding Edge release date is confirmed for March 2020
- KartRider: Drift is a free to play kart racer heading to Xbox One and PC
- CrossfireX gameplay teaser shown during XO19
- Age of Empires 4 gameplay revealed at XO19
- Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5, 2.5 Remix & 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue coming to Xbox One in 2020
- Uncharted movie finds its Sully in Mark Wahlberg
- Paradox outline their vision for Crusader Kings III
- Google Stadia’s 12 launch games revealed
- UK Chart 09/11/19: Modern Warfare stays top, Death Stranding in second
Games in Review
Here’s this weeks reviews, with a smattering of 8/10’s:
- Need for Speed Heat – PS4, XBO, PC – 8/10
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order – PS4, XBO, PC – 8/10
- NBA 2K20 – Switch – 8/10
- Ice Age: Scrat’s Nutty Adventures – PS4, XBO, PC, Switch – 5/10
- Doctor Who: The Edge of Time – PSVR, Oculus, VIVE – 4/10
And we also had a handful of hardware reviews
- Noblechair Hero – Gaming Chair – 9/10
- HyperX Cloud Mix Rose Gold Edition Headset – Hardware – 8/10
- Victrix Pro AF 2019 Headset – Hardware – 8/10
(Reviewed platform in bold)
This Week’s Features
From the previews, Beyond a Steel Sky is shaping up to be a great narrative adventure game, with Dom saying that Revolution are giving Telltale a run for their money.
Meanwhile, Tef described the next game from Obsidian Entertainment, Grounded, as “Honey, I Shrunk the Kids – The Video Game”. It left him feeling slightly underwhelmed, but obviously hopes it will improve as more is revealed. He also got to drop 24 minutes of Halo: Reach PC gameplay on us!
You might remember that Jason was having quite a few problems with Red Dead 2 on PC – luckily, it seems like a lot of that has been resolved, with Rockstar continuing to work with Nvidia on optimising improvements, although there’s still a little way to go before it’s a silky smooth experience.
Last up, What We Played featured Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, Death Stranding and XO19.
Time to check in with the community and see what’s been happening!
- Despite having “limited” time for gaming, TSBonyman still managed to sink 10 hours into The Outer Worlds!
- Andrewww found himself a bit stuck in Subnautica, so he’s diverted into his backlog, playing Valiant Hearts, Steep, Rayman and now eyeing up Resident Evil 2, Tomb Raider and Bloodborne for his next games to play.
- It was mostly Death Stranding for Crazy_Del, but he’s eyeing up some Icon Swaps in FIFA 20 this weekend.
- And MrY* has been enjoying Kingdom Hearts 3 – “Except for the Frozen world. We don’t need a whole song there.” – has found Black Desert to be “reasonably entertaining” after picking it up in a sale, and had fun with explosions in Battlefield V.
The Week Ahead
It’s the launch week for Stadia, although I think we all know how that’s going to go!
- Google Stadia – 19/11
- Football Manager 2020 – PC, iOS, Android – 19/11
- Narcos: Rise of the Cartels – PS4, XBO, Switch, PC – 19/11
- Shenmue 3 – PS4, PC – 19/11
- Deemo -Reborn– – PS4, PSVR – 21/11
- Civilization VI – PS4, XBO – 22/11
- Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts – PS4, XBO, PC – 22/11
And there’s your weekend summary sorted, cheerio!
*Why no ‘d’?