It’s the third weekend of the first triple header of Formula 1 races, with the now very closed off F1 circus visiting the classic Hungaroring. It’s almost certain to be a pair of Mercs at the front (though the predicted rain could throw some mild surprises there), but it’s much more interesting behind them. Will Red Bull be able to push them a bit harder this weekend? Will the “Tracing Point” finally realise its true potential? Will Lando pull off any more final lap heroics?
There’s plenty of big new games for non-sporting fans to dig into this week as well. If you’re needing a break from Animal Crossing, you might be eyeing up Paper Mario: The Origami King, and with The Last of Us Part II’s release a month in the past now, I’m sure many will have picked up the last great PS4 exclusive, Ghost of Tsushima. We’ve got reviews of both for you to check out.
In the News This Week
- Next week’s Xbox Games Showcase is “just games”, no new hardware, Xbox One X discontinued
- Xbox Game Pass and Project xCloud will be available as one package in September
- Sony boost PlayStation 5 production due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Microsoft Flight Simulator lands in August, pre-orders open now
- PES 2021 will be a streamlined season update, PES 2022 to be first PS5 and Xbox Series X release for franchise
- Halo 3 is out now on PC – MCC patch adds Forge mode, updates audio and more
- Marvel’s Avengers will have an open beta next month for PS4, Xbox One, and PC
- Penis fans outraged to discover Norman Reedus has no dinkle in Death Stranding
- Some Danganronpa games to be delisted from PS Store this September
Games in Review
So how do Ghost of Tsushima and Paper Mario hold up under the review microscope? Let’s find out!
- Ghost of Tsushima – PS4 – 8/10
- Superhot: Mind Control Delete – PS4, XBO, PC – 8/10
- Death Stranding PC – PC – 8/10
- Orcs Must Die! 3 – Stadia – 8/10
- The Sims 4: Eco Lifestyle – PC, PS4, XBO – 8/10
- Paper Mario: The Origami King – NSW – 7/10
- Rocket Arena – PS4, XBO, PC – 7/10
- The Innsmouth Case – PC, iOS, And – 7/10
- Beyond A Steel Sky – PC, iOS – 6/10
With Ghost of Tsushima the big release of the month, Ade has dived into the historic Japanese setting, not once, but twice! Not content with simply recounting the real world history of Ghost of Tsushima, he then asked a real samurai expert how historically accurate it is.
Ooblets is now out into Early Access, and Miguel had a lot of fun with its stress-free cutesy styling
Finally, What We Played featured Ghost of Tsushima, Superhot: Mind Control Delete and Paper Mario: The Origami King
Here’s what you in our community has been up to this week:
- Crazy_Del completed Assassin’s Creed III Remastered, but has put his hunt for the platinum trophy temporarily on hold to dive into Ghost of Tsushima for the first time. “I have spent more time on photomode than playing the game itself,” he said.
- It’s been more The Last of Us Part II for ron_mcphatty, who’s now heading into the same, but different second half of the game.
- Andrewww has been under the weather this week – fingers crossed it’s not Covid! – but at least he’s now feeling a bit better and can get back to some TLOU2.
- Aside from his usual Red Dead adventures, MrYd decided to give Erica another go and seems to be kind of enjoying it? He’s not been enjoying the collectables in NFS: Heat, though.
- And tactical20 has been enjoying the first half hour or so of Paper Mario: The Origami King.
I hope you have a good weekend and I’ll see you on the other side!