Another heatwave has hit the UK, bringing with it sweltering heat and an unhealthy craving for ice cream! Elsewhere, F1 returns to Silverstone again this weekend for the 70th Anniversary GP, and with these temperatures let’s hope the tyres hold up better than last time – unless you want a bit of excitement of course!
Anyway, let’s start our recap of the week:
In the News This Week
- Fall Guys had over 1.5 million players in its first 24 hours, despite server troubles
- Spider-Man will be a PlayStation exclusive in Marvel’s Avengers
- Suicide Squad confirmed by Rocksteady Studios
- Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time gameplay shown in new footage
- Hitman 3 will have free PSVR support for the whole trilogy
- DualShock 4 will not work with PlayStation 5 games
- Lockdown gaming helps get Nintendo Switch past 60 million & Animal Crossing past 20 million sales
- DOOM Eternal’s campaign DLC is The Ancient Gods, first teaser released
- Pre-orders for the Xbox Series X will open “soon”
- PS Now August additions include Hitman 2, Greedfall, and Dead Cells
- Xbox Game Pass August additions includes Darksiders Genesis and Final Fantasy VII
Games in Review
We crammed as many reviews in as we could in this week, check ’em out below:
- Röki – PC, NSW – 9/10
- Post Void – PC – 9/10
- Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout – PS4, PC – 8/10
- Neversong – PS4, XBO, PC, NSW, iOS – 8/10
- Creaks – PS4, XBO, PC, NSW, iOS – 8/10
- Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition – PC – 7/10
- Lost Wing – PS4, XBO, PC, NSW – 7/10
- Skater XL – PS4, XBO, PC, NSW – 7/10
- Spitlings – PS4, XBO, PC, NSW, Stadia – 7/10
- Resolutiion – PC, Linux, Mac, NSW – 7/10
- Hellbound – PC – 5/10
- Darius Cozmic Collection Arcade & Console – PS4, NSW – 5/10
Aran kicked off the previews with some impressions from the Marvel’s Avengers beta. Overall he’s moderately impressed, although has some complaints about the door sounds! Stefan also got to have a chat with some of the folks at Crystal Dynamics about the game and the recent Spider-Man backlash.
Elsewhere, Stefan tee’d off with a look at PGA Tour 2K21, which is HD Studios’ first outing in the licensed world for their indie series that was The Golf Club. After that, he wrote about how he fell in love with Windbound, a survival game with strong Zelda vibes as you can see in his video below.
Finally, What We Played featured Fall Guys, Ghost of Tsushima & Marvel’s Avengers.
Here’s what you in our community has been up to this week:
- Plenty of you such as Crazy Del and MrYd have been enjoying Fall Guys (when it works). Del’s also enjoyed Skater XL (1 trophy away from the Plat) and NFS Heat. MrYd meanwhile has dabbled into games here and there as usual, including sessions with RDR2, Death Stranding, GreedFall and Warhammer.
- hornet199’s completed the Battlefield V War Stories and now moves on to Battlefield 1, which has been less buggy.
- And last up, due to an arm injury (get well soon!), TSBonyman didn’t get much gaming in, but has been getting his fix by watching streamers and the State of Play reveals!
I hope you have a good week and I’ll see you again soon!