Despite being a shorter four day week, I’m sure that almost everyone’s been pretty keen for this week to hurry up and be done with. It feels like ages since we’ve been able to enjoy going out, but on Monday shops, pubs, and restaurants will be opening in a limited capacity. We’re not out of the woods yet, but it’s a huge step forward.
So, with what is hopefully our last weekend in full lockdown, what gaming have you got planned?
In the News This Week
- Report: Sony were working on a new Uncharted and a remake of The Last of Us for PS5
- Digital-only E3 2021 confirms Xbox, Nintendo, Ubisoft, but what about PlayStation?
- Report: Kojima’s next game may be an Xbox exclusive
- Deathloop has been delayed until September
- Monster Hunter Rise has now passed 5 million units shipped
- Pac-Man 99 is a free Nintendo Switch Online exclusive battle royale – out now!
- Crysis Remastered patch adds 60fps modes for PS5 & Xbox Series X|S
- Zombie Army 4 gets free 4K 60fps update for PS5 and Xbox Series X|S – including PS Plus & Xbox Game Pass versions
- Destroy All Humans! heads to Switch in June
- Xbox Game Pass gets GTA V, Zombie Army 4 & MLB: The Show 21 in April
Games in Review
We’re in the quiet season, plus with COVID delaying games left, right, and centre, we only had 3 reviews this week:
- Trials of Fire – PC – 9/10
- Yupitergrad – PSVR, Quest, SteamVR – 7/10
- Outriders – PS5, XSX|S, PS4, XBO, PC – 6/10
But backing up the games, we had a trio of hardware reviews too:
- LucidSound LS50X Wireless Headset – 9/10
- Skullcandy Indy ANC True Wireless Earbuds – 9/10
- AndaSeat T-Pro 2 Gaming Chair – 8/10
While it may have been quieter on the review front, we had a string of previews and features for you to enjoy. Nick started things off with a look at The Protagonist – EX-01, saying the XCOM and Diablo mash-up has potential, even if it has some way to go.
Meanwhile, Jim went hands-on with the open beta for Enlisted. It’s a squad-based shooter set in WW2, but has a few twists that aims to get players hooked on the F2P game. You can play Enlisted this weekend!
With the Diablo 2 Resurrected alpha test giving players a taste of what to expect, Christian looked at the journey the series has been on so far, as Reuben discussed Super Mario’s 35th Anniversary. Continuing the Nintendo theme, and with the announcement of Pac-Man 99, Stefan wondered what other classic games deserve the ’99’ battle royale treatment.
Last up, What We Played featured Outriders, Monster Hunter Rise & Disco Elysium.
Here’s what you in our community has been up to this week:
- It’s been more Death Stranding for ron_mcphatty, who’s plodding along nicely with the story.
- Despite encountering some connectivity issues, Crazy_Del has added the Outriders platinum to his haul.
- willbuchanan grabbed the Borderlands 1 platinum to mark their 100th platinum!
- And TSBonyman can’t tear themselves away from No Man’s Sky after the recent update.
- Lastly, MrYd gave the PS+ and PS Now games a go, enjoying Zombie Army 4 and Marvel’s Avengers before returning to AC Valhalla, Hunt: Showdown for the new boss, and some No Man’s Sky. All that while feeling groggy from his vaccination!
Have a good weekend and I’ll see you next time!